1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Arch Walls!

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Stranger, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

Is it still possible to make an item fall to the ground underneath your character? If so, how do you accomplish this?

I am trying to place a chest in a corner but it refuses to go.
    Basically I am trying to place it on a tile that has an arch wall.
    I am able to walk through it but I can't drop any items on the tile.

If I remove the wall, place the item, and place the arch wall back the item goes in my moving crate :(

I was hoping there was some sort of trick to get the item to stay.

Am I out of luck?

2. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Have you tried old trusty (the crate trick?) If you can't get the crate there, I have done a variation in the past using a garbage can in lieu of the crate. Be careful with that one, though - bad timing can cause you a lot of grief!

If those don't work, there is one "last resort" method I have used in the past but I'm not sure if it works any more. It's also time consuming and tricky, so try the crate trick first and let me know if it doesn't work. :)

3. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

Kri, you are a genius! :)
    Thank you SO much!

I wasn't able to put a crate down (I was unable to put anything down in that spot) but I was able to place the trash barrel!

So I placed the trash barrel, put the chest inside (empty of course...hehe), and axed the trash barrel.
    The chest fell on the floor and is exactly where I want it!

Thank you so much for the tip! :)

I'd buy you a :pint: if I could! :)

4. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Glad it worked for you! The trash barrel has helped me out a few times. I'll go have a :pint: in your honor... ;)

5. BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy Guest

You can also use a bag. Put whatever you want inside it. Stand where you want. Then axe the bag.

Not quite sure why you can axe bags...