1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

STUPID BUG IN UO HOUSING

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jfkeach, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

last week I was checking a spot, and it placed. I didnt get gump asking if I wanted ot place, so I dropped the crappy house and a week later testing another spot. AGAIN NO GUMP asking if I wanted to place, warning me that I would not be able to place for another week. THIS SUX BAD. I got a 18x18 that will fall because I wont be able to place on my account now. SO, don't test spots like you USED TO BE ABLE TO DO, they turned off the Confirmation screen. STUPID STUPID STUPID....

WARNING!!! DO NOT TEST SPOTS FOR HOUSING IF YOU ALREADY OWN A HOUSE, YOU DO NOT GET THE GUMP ASKING IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO PLACE, IT PLACES, and any HOUSE YOU HAVE ON THAT ACCOUNT IS NOW IDOC.

Attached Files:

2. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

BUMP FOR THE WARNING.

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know why it does that sometimes, but yes it is hugely annoying when it just decides to place for you.

I know people hate workarounds nowadays so read only if you want to:
    You can test placement with a character with no gold in their bank and then even if the autoplace bug hits you you won't have the cash to put a plot down.

4. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Yes but unless i transfer this house to a friend, or open another account, I am losing prime real estate, and GM wont even investigate it for a bug.

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You did submit it through the bug report though, right?

6. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

wow, I was doing this the other day. luckily it didn't place for me. thanks for the warning. hopefully you get help and your house doesn't fall. if it does shame on EA.

7. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

he should submit it, but that probably won't help him save his house.

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

What did you do the first time did this happened as you stated above? last week I was checking a spot, and it placed. I didnt get gump asking if I wanted ot place, so I dropped the crappy house why not do it again to save your house.

9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Even opening a new account will not help because of the new-account rules (14 days old to place a house). Only a re-opened old account would help.

10. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's not a bug. It's simply how the housing system works.

11. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No, sorry, I dont think this is an intended feature. If it is I will have to be told so by someone higher than us.

12. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

The housing SYSTEM has always warned you before placing that this will prevent you from placing or accepting another house for a week, are you sure you want to place. Even if you had no house on the account, that is the warning Gump you have gotten since UO:R.

Last week, I was using the Surveyor's Scope, so I figured that was something unique to it. So I locked it away, and this week i was checking to see how much longer before I could transfer the 18x18 to this account, by doing a test placement, expecting the YOU HAVE 24 hours to place. No warning, and I should not have been able to place because of the 7 day timer. I had checked this morning, and it had told me 31 hours. YES I DID SUBMIT a bug report this week. Because I thought maybe that was a feature of using the surveyors scope.

13. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

You have always been able to test with the tool and get the warning if you already have a house, this is a definate bug. Big bug. Costly bug.

14. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If that account has no house there is no 7 day timer to place.
    You can place drop, place drop a house on an account that has no house over and over again. Or at least until the house placement tool times out.
    You can only place so often and the tool will time out and you will have to go through a cool down phase before you can start placing again.

The 7 day timer is for receiving a house. The Warning gump should come up though.

Are you in 2D or the Enhanced Client?

15. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

2d client.
    But I tried to transfer with no house on the account and told i had to wait 31 hours. that was early this morning. So i was playing with the tool, and it placed a house.
    So now have to start over a week.

16. Ack.. welp one way to save your house is to drop the house that accidently placed cause of the bug then you can drop your main house say two or three hours before server is down or sooner depending on when people arent around and replace your main house.. May even be able to use the I wish the resize my house option after droping the house that was accidently placed not sure on that though.

17. Yep use to do that all the time when I find better locations for a house and wanted to move. Just droped my home and was able to place even with the timer was going..was always under the impression that couldnt happen til someone a few years ago told me the timer after droping a house only comes into place when recieveing a home by trade.

18. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I test and place houses all the time and I know that if I place a house and then drop it, the next house I place WILL NOT give me the gump if it is within the 7 day window (the house will automatically place so I have to be careful) If I drop a house and then wait 7 days to try again, I get the gump. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

19. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No, it isn't. I too test spots a lot and there has always been a gump warning me.

20. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

I have done this too for YEARS.. Never ever NOT HAD A gump.
    EVER. Till last week
    So I transferrered castle to second account.
    Tried this morning to transfer 18x18 to this char, was told another 31 hours.
    So I was testing a spot on this char, and it popped up. Before my 31 hours was up, and with NO GUMP asking if i was sure. THIS IS BUGGED, big time. And it would cost me my 18x18 but I had to transfer it to a friend that I REALLY REALLY TRUST.

21. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A Kit Kat bar helps in this kind of situation:D

22. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online support.

This issue may require further investigation. As such, please report this to our Quality Assurance team via www.uo.com/mailBug.html or email [email protected] and submit a detailed report about your experience. This will include what you experienced, when, where, and under what circumstances. The information you submit will then be researched. However, please understand that no further correspondence will be sent to you from that channel.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,

EA Rep Thowe
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts

23. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

I've resized alot of houses recently and haven't gotten the warning gump at all! And its annoying because I then need to wait another hour to resize the house AGAIN to try get it even larger.

24. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

This could potentially cost a lot of people their houses, and cause them to leave game in frustration. As is, Im going to close two accounts, because I am tired of the bugs. And the LACK of response from GMs when one like this is discovered. It is apparent I am not the only one not getting the gumps. THEY need to warn people on the LOG IN SCREEN and fix this ASAP.

25. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think that was changed, and that 15 day waiting to place a house is now only for the free 14 day trial account codes, and that the 15 day waiting to place a house does not apply for the codes that you can purchase. I think it was changed back when they changed the bags of sending back to 1 charged, and made gold lighter.

26. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Everyone is missing the point. Timer or no timer issue, the main bug is that in the FIRST PLACE while checking a spot with an account that had a castle on it, I should have gotten a gump asking if i was sure. Instead it just placed a small house, without the warning gump. I was checking for a friend new to the game. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT WARNING, which I would have cancelled out.

Now, even with no house on the account, I SHOULD GET A GUMP ASKING IF I WAS SURE BECAUSE I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT A HOUSE WITHIN 7 DAYS.

It has been like this for years and years. If this in an intentional change, players should be warned ahead of time. IF this is not as intended it needs to be fixed NOW!!! and EA is just giving me a run around, and yada freaking yada.

27. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

BUMP in the hopes that Chrissay will respond.

28. maroite

maroite Guest

Hmm... I placed a house... destroyed it, and then was able to place a house again immediately, even though it said I had to wait 7 days.

I think they changed the housing system but not the warnings when they changed trial accounts.

29. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

if you place a house you can destroy it and place another right away..
    so say you place one size then think you can go bigger you can try..
    but if you place a house and give it away, you cant place another one or get another one for 7 days..
    also if you have a house, place or get another house. your first one gets condemned and you have to give it away or it will fall.

30. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

I was NOT Placing a house. Just chceking a spot for a friend. I had a castle on that account, what structure is worth trading for a castle? I didn't get a gump, the small house fit, and it placed. No chance to cancel out. Boom Castle is now IDOC. You always got the gump before telling you that you had a house already, and were you sure you wanted to place, which gave you the option to cancel. I DID NOT GET THIS.

A week later, I was checking a spot again, thinking the first time was a fluke. ANd thinking i had 31 more hours before I could place, I once again DID not get the gump asking if I was sure.

I have played about 10 yeaars, and after UO:R, I always got hte gump whether i had a house on the account or not. I have tested COUNTLESS times over the years. Never not got the gump till now. ANd if I did not have friend that could take the 18x18 I would have lost it. There should be NO PERMEATATION that allows you to place without that gump. That gump was put in place to protect your houses (if you had grandfathered houses) and to prevent script placing of houses.

I carried a tool on all chars, after all they are blessed. I am now throwing them all away. And I am never submitting another bug report nor contacting EA Again. I have deemed it useless and futile. My frustration level is HIGHER than it has ever been, and I have already quit twice, and lost two keeps and many houses because of that lack of support. Im thinking i can find better use of my money and time.

31. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Calm down jf, aaron is simply stating the apparent new change (or bug?) to the housing. Before I don't think we could place a house, destroy it and place it again on the same day.

Perhaps it was this new change that messed with the warning gump you were suppose to have gotten while testing the spot.

32. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't understand this.

You tried to place a new house. It placed, and you're not happy?
    What's the matter, exactly?
    Didn't the game do what you wanted it to do, place a new house?

I'd like to know if I'm missing something here because I plan on moving near the sea and wouldn't want any weird feature interfering.

33. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

He was testing a spot to see if a house could be placed somewhere. Apparently from the picture he tested with a small normal house. However he wasn't intending to place. Unfortunately he didn't get the gump that asks him to confirm placement since it would make his other house condemned. So the house just placed immediately. Now he has a small normal house that he didn't want and his other house, an 18x18 as he says, is now condemned and going to fall unless it gets transferred.

34. Haven't tried it but maybe withdraw all gold from your bank and then try to place to find out the optimal size? It should show the plot for a second when it fits if I remember correct.

Alternatively login to TC2 and test there to see if a plotsize might fit?

35. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Originally, a castle went condemned. I transferred it to the second account 3 days later so that when the timer reset I could transfer the 18x18 on that account to the first account. Stupid me thought that I had 31 more hours before i could accept that 18x18 on first account, was testing a spot again, thinking I COULD NOT PLACE for the 31 more hours, but it placed another small. Both times with no GUMP asking if I was sure.

36. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend

have not had this happen, and sure not gonna test it out, but if they're only testing this on tc1 that might be why they don't understand it.... I have never placed a house on test and not had the confirmation gump, and I do it a lot with different accounts... the housing thing on test is completely separate from the regular housing, and that's probably why, so what is needed is for QA to test it on regular shards

37. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Just as an aside this is a really old bug, I had it happen years ago. I don't know what it takes to duplicate it though. I always thought it was the character I was using.

38. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Well, the bug has been submitted. I have confirmation that they have it. However, I am told in the email that no feedback to the status will be forthcoming from that avenue. I am going to dump 40 house tools in the trash, and watch them go poof. Wont ever have to worry about trying to place or test a spot again, and I wont ever have to worry about resizing.

39. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

If they need spots, I got some marked, same spot that but my house in the shape it was in as a matter of fact :)

It is still open.

40. Drakhan

Drakhan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Also had this bug yesterday. Very annoying.

41. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

Shame on EA for not resolving this issue.

You know they have read this post, probably just shrugged their shoulders. All they had to do is go help out a paying customer by removing a useless small house and setting the main house to Automatic. Would have taken 2 minutes.

This is a prime example of why people have quit UO in droves, and why the game will soon be dead.

There is ZERO customer support coming from EA for this guy. That's just awful.

Maybe there should be a "house placement test tool" that is a different color and has no possibility of IDOC'ing your main house. Something should really be done about this.

42. yorky

yorky Guest

Thanks for the warning, if this happened to me and I lost my house because of it, I would quite simply cancel my subscription.

43. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Took two weeks and a third account but finally got all of my houses straightened out. No thanks to lack of support or communications from EA. As I find housing placement tools, I am throwing them in the trash. Good luck to you all.

44. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

I have had this happen on and off for a few years now .... this plan of action always worked for me ;-)

congrats on getting your houses all straight though ... i've gone through that hoop loop jump and switch ... gets frustrating timing it all out

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!