1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Change

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by DanTheMan19, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DanTheMan19

DanTheMan19 Guest

Why the hell did they make it so you have to uninsure **** to put it on a vendor, They say because of an insurance bug. I NEVER LOST AN ITEM DUE TO THIS SO CALLED INSURANCE BUG, I've lost more items because I forget to insure something after I buy and I've looted more things from people doing the same thing as me, so spare me with the LOL NEWB SHOULDVE INSUREENEDD YER STUFFF [email protected]!.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Gee, you make it sound like it's so hard and such an inconvenience to uninsure something to put it on a vendor. You might not have experienced the insurance bug but others have.

Sheesh...just live with it.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Actually I was going to say he makes it so hard to understand what he's saying. Maybe he should go back to 1st grade and learn the fundamentals of sentence structure, and capitalization before he complains about something as petty as Item Insurance.

But to answer his question to the best extent I can based on my attempt to translate what he "wrote"...

They did it because some people have had issues with blessed and insured items dropping to their corpse. Just because it hasn't happened to you, personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They said that they traced one possible reason back to insured items on vendors so a change to the system was made to remove that as a cause.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, that would have been better, :p

5. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Oh just grow up and take some responsibility for yourself. What is so hard about thinking " Hmm that's a rather valuable and useful item I'd rather not lose, oho yes I click here and click there and voila, all insured, woo hoo. " or in reverse, to uninsure something to put it on a vendor. That must be such hard work you'd need a little lie down afterwards.

Did you EVER play BEFORE there was such thing as insurance, and when clothing bless deeds were incredibly rare and not easily obtainable BOD rewards, and item bless deeds even rarer ?