1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Pumpkin Question!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Conleth, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Conleth

Conleth Journeyman

So I missed these completely, thought I might make up for it this year, nice!

I thought they spawned (the jack o'lantern ones with player names and EM names and such) on the farms where the carvable ones do??

I've been farming them (pun intended har har), and have seen a lot of them but they all turn into Grimm ones. I've picked up a bunch of carvable but not one single lantern one.

Did I miss something?

And...I've been pulling up wheat and small pumpkins and whatnot, trying to increase spawn in general.

Advice appreciated, Cheers

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Sage
    Stratics Veteran

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

We haven't seen the named Jack o'lanterns in two years now. Don't expect them to spawn this year either.

DJAd, Conleth and Capt. Lucky like this.
  4. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

I can expect whatever I want! :p

Daga Taga and Conleth like this.
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have done a few of these the last day and I have gotten a couple the flash pretty cool compared to last years that are just carved

6. Sinder Shayde

Sinder Shayde Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Carvable pumpkins all flash when you dbl click them ..on or off..??

7. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just a quick tip, use a necro and cast the familiar spell and use the( blue guy)? to dispose of the pumpkins.

In order for the pumpkins to re-spawn and a chance for the grimm to spawn, they have to be destroyed or cross a server line.

Conleth likes this.
  8. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure I understand if this is the part you are missing but are you also killing the butchers at the cemeteries to get a carving certificate??

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hmm that is weird I keep getting the message you are not allowed access to this message I will log in later and try it again

10. Conleth

Conleth Journeyman

haha Maybe this stoopid question should have gone into the 'mystery' thread? :p

Seems the only pumpkins that are spawning in the fields are the grimm pumpkins, that have a chance to have a carvable pumpkin as loot.
    After the carvable pumpkins are carved, when double clicked they light up. I think there are 9 possible carving designs.

Now, the named pumpkins, such as 'Messana's Jack O' Lantern', and 'EM Shanyafire's Jack O' Lantern', or even 'Conleth's Jack O' Lantern', that are found in the farm fields, all, *every single one of them so far, all change when picked up or double clicked, into:
    Grimm.

The Grimm can be killed off and on the corpse may be a carvable pumpkin.

So, do the non carvable, named '...Jack O' Lantern' ones still spawn? I have yet to see any.
    Cheers!

11. Conleth

Conleth Journeyman

hehe Yes, though they're pretty hard for me. The butchers at cemetaries have a chance for a carving certificate. The grimm found in farms have a chance for a carvable pumpkin.

The third item, which I have seen ingame (used as deco mostly), are the fat round, EM named (or possibly player named but that's another question) pumpkin that you don't carve. It's the pumpkin that is sitting in the field that always turns into a grimm (for me at least).

I may need to get screenshots! :p
    Cheers

#11 Conleth, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  12. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yeah these ones...I would like to have these!!!

Our EM has decorated Luna with them :)

upload_2015-10-2_16-17-21.png

Conleth likes this.
  13. Conleth

Conleth Journeyman

Ahhh hahahaha!
    Nice!

I have also seen them in player houses, so they spawned in some way, at some time I guess? :p

See now that's what happens when you (er, uhm *I) miss some time in UO. Confusion reigns!

Because I have seen them used as deco inside player houses, and also on a vendor for sale, I assumed that they also could be gotten in the farms (they are the same graphic)!

Cheers

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No they were from a few years ago... really liked them too... especially when they had our characters names on them.

Best I think was the years of the black pumpkins because that involved you going and picking them.... Then they would have your name on them...

The year those came out anyone that logged in had a random chance of having a pumpkin somewhere spawn with your name on it... and it was hard to get ones with names you wanted... but nice folk on GL's had a pumpkin clearing house and if you picked up the cool pumpkins you could drop them there and find ones that were your characters there. THAT was community building.... same with the bone clearing house we had... Though when they made them worth turn in points it ruined it because then folk were buying them up just to trash them. Wasn't too cool.

Anyway... Kinda glad it's a rehash of stuff since I already have most all that stuff I can concentrate on new things.

DJAd likes this.