1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid question but.... how to collect gold from monster corpses?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Lord Prospero, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Lord Prospero

Lord Prospero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Is there an easy way to collect gold from monster corpses?

At the moment im double clicking on the corpse, then manually dragging the gold to my backpack. This I am finding a right pain, as I am lazy :eek:

BTW I am using the 2D client.

Many thanks :D

2. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

yeah, thats it. No other legal way.

3. Lord Prospero

Lord Prospero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Doh... what will come first blindness from trying to distinguish the corpses or RSI from all the clicking :D

Thanks for clearing that up though :)

4. Use CTRL-Shift in 2D to show object handles (a mongbat corpse, a fire elemental corpse, etc). Right-click any handle you do not need (your characters handle for instance).

Any others ... double-click them to open the corpse, then right-click the handle to drop it off the screen. Rinse and repeat as needed to open all corpses. Loot at will.

5. Goodoljoe

Goodoljoe Guest

If you hit shift you can move the gold piles without asking confirmation of what ammount of gold you want to drag on,it will simply pick the whole pile and you can move it to your bag.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Also, in KR, you can open the corpse, and anything in the corpse you right-click is automatically looted to your backpack without havign to drag it.

7. Lord Prospero

Lord Prospero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

ahh that seems good. I am flitting between clients at the moment. I like KR, but I also like things like the old UOmagic tool and UOA. I really miss not being able to see how many spells I can cast with the KR client.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There's a way of dragging new hotbars (And changing their sizes) off the main one.

You can use it to set up grids of spell buttons like in 2D, with the added benefit of having means of setting up specific targets (so you can set up a Greater Heal that autotargets yourself, and another Greater Heal button that gives you a cursor to target others, etc.)

Ask around in the Kingdom Reborn forum for ideas on how to set up spell buttons and hotbars to resemble 2D.

9. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I didn't know about that little trick. Thanks!