1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Parry] Stupid Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Teufel_Hund, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Why is it that sometimes when I go to the Jhelom pits Parry seems to work and others it does not. I mean I have 109 Parry scrolled to 120 over 60 points downward and yet it seems the last two times over an hour each time and nothing but my GGS gain. The other night in under an hour over 4 points. The times when I am not gaining it almost seems like I am not in War mode, I can put my Weapon of choice in hand and I will not defend myself. Any tips?

2. Try the sheep pen method.

3. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

I have, same same. It is just like I am not in combat mode even though I take damage. I do not hear the 'ting' when you successfully parry a blow.

4. Do you have Bushido?

5. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Nope

anat 120
    fence 120
    tactics 115
    parry 109
    resist 110
    heal 96

The rest pointed down

6. Are you using a non-Fencing weapon?

7. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Grab yourself a nono-fencing weapon like Connor said, like a bardiche, make sure whatever you use is 2Handed.

Get as many female wrestlers as you can, make sure they're disarmed. Have at it.

8. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

2handed? I don't get that should I not be using a sheild?

9. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

When I put a Black Staff or a Halberd in my hands I am killing the NPCs in sometimes one hit, two at the most, and I am a fencer.

10. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Ok, if you're working parry, and you don't have bushido, use a 2handed weapon, like a bardiche/black staff. Once you attack the NPC, you want to TAB out of war mode. So they just hit you.

Be sure to NOT wear armor as they will wear down the durability.

Bring a war fork, so you can DISARM any female fighter who has a weapon, thus giving you more female wrestlers.

Make sure you tab out after you attack them, just to get them flagged on you.

I don't know why, I think it's due to a 2handed weapon giving you LESS parry chance since you don't have bushido that it raises the skill faster.

11. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

toggle to peace mode...only go to war mode to get them aggressive to you...then toggle off to peace mode.

At least that is how it works with sheep....

12. GFY

GFY Guest

Try a fishing pole or a torch.

13. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Thank you everybody it is now working....great!

14. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Very cool from 109.8 to 120 in less then 90 minutes and 6 NPC.