1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stygian Abyss. Gargoyle Race fast as horses?!?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Weakling, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Weakling

Weakling Guest

2. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like something that will be nerfed pretty early on..

If not every PvP'er will be a gargoyle depending on the equipment presented to that class.

3. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would hope that it would be similar to wolf/osty form for ninja and that you would deplete stam rather quickly while in 'horse mode.' Curious to know if it's a toggle/or just a natural you always move as mounted.

Additionally would think the bola/dismount would present the same effect as ninja, knock you down to normal speed for a bit.

But who knows. . . be curious to see that's fo' sho'

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I was under the impression that while "flying" they move at mounted speed, but "taking off" takes time, and they can be bolaed or whatnot back to the ground.

Thats the impression I got anyway.

5. Weakling

Weakling Guest

Hopefully you are right and hopefully they cant fight while flying.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

why not? You can fight while riding.

As far as I can tell flying in gargoyles replaces riding for other chars. They can't ride mounts. I'm probably not thinking clearly but the only 'balance' issue I see is whether they can fly while controlling a greater dragon. I hope that the dragon will keep them grounded, as it does other chars.

7. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Ninja tamers can move as mounted with greaterdragon so maybe the garg should be able to as well...

But as per bola issue i have a solution garg gets bola'd and get this message
    "The bola Entangles/Catches you in the wing stopping you from flying at the moment" Viola :p

8. Weakling

Weakling Guest

Just because something is alread f'ed up doesnt mean that they should make more f'ed up things.
    And you have to get out of form to bola/dismount.
    But in my opinion animal form should take 5 slots, after all you would think it would take some control to stay in a form........

9. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's unbalancing because they get free mount speed without having to either:

1) Have a mount
    2) Use a skill to get it [Ninjitsu]

It's quite a racial talent, that's for sure. And I'm willing to bet they'll be able to fly while controlling the greater drag. But hopefully while 'flying' they are unable to use bola's/dismount moves/etc. IE: It has the same limitations as being mounted.

Would be nice to see a delay, like mounting an eth, for take-off.

10. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Bola's and all forms of dismount should require a weapon skill, and tactics. Furthermore, just like after you dismount you can't mount for however long, that needs to be extended to smoke bombing as well, not hiding, just smoke bombing.

11. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

The most definately should be a delay to taking off... but we are talking about a racial trait..... a racial trait is just somthing they know how to do no skill required sooo should they be able to use bola's while in the air? i dont think they should.... since noone else can use bola while on mount or in form they definately shouldnt be able to use it.... maybe it says somthing like this "you cannot use this because of the Wind" :p as for skill needed to throw bola's that wont ever happen honestly because of the skills we have now... we have too many skills as it is.... to honestly put bola in a skill of its own.... would make it extremely difficult if not impossible to run templates that we do now and still use them, The smoke bombs can be annoying.... but i do not think there should be a timer for their usage, maybe somthing of a chance to fail unless 120 ninjustu but or a chance to be interupted.... but not a timer....

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

there's already a timer on re-use of smoke bombs?

13. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

What if...

Gargoyles have capped resists at 60 or 65.

:eyes:

:danceb::danceb:

14. Addicted

Addicted Guest

No stealth while flying HAH!

15. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Most definately no stealth while flying they make way to much noise while flapping those wings :) as for the timer i didnt think there was one.... i donno about capped resists at 60 or 65....

16. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think i read that they have their own equipment anf cant use other races because of the wings.

Are the wings like the capes that stick out and give a bigger area to click on?

17. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

you guys the gorgoyles can be dismounted they have to walk while dismounted just like any other char does yes i believe they will be able to control a dragon {why wouldnt they} I honestly belive i wont be one. so what they fly BIG DEAL its not like they aren't gonna be able to be dismounted and have to walk like a dismouted being. they are gonna be like any other race just another option, its not like there gonna be as awesome as some think. AND ONE LAST THING THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH INFO TO BE STARTING A POST LIKE THIS your slammin it before it comes out relax everyone

18. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Relax Everyone... Sprago can't wait to swap over some skills to the new gargoyle 2nd char slot and spam all kill with his wil ol rune bettle :D

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Running your mouth about tamers while you're making a tamer. Typical KOC hypocrit. :loser: