1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stygian Abyss mining/lumberjacking

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Mar 16, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Stygian Abyss introduced some new resources which can be mined or lumberjacked as long as these activities are done in the new Stygian Abyss lands.

We know that for both activities (mining and lumberjacking), the output depends on the facet with Felucca ruleset facets yielding more resources that trammel rulecet facets.

Now, Stygian Abyss has both ruleset facets, Trammel and Felucca (namely for some Champ spawns...).

The question is, if a player was brave enough to mine/chop in the Felucca ruleset Stygian Abyss areas, would the spawn rate of the Stygian Abyss only resources be increased as compared to, say, doing those activities in Ter Mur?

At least in theory they should spawn more Stygian Abyss resources as it is felucca ruleset after all but in the end, it comes down to how it has been coded, I guess......

Has anyone ever tried it ?

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I haven't tried it but for some reason I doubt it. Even though the champ spawn areas are considered "SA" Content they are not on the Ter Mur facet, they are in fact located in Felucca with entrances from the Abyss.

Considering how some things have worked in the past, such as ToT, drop rates for special items seem to be linked to facets themselves. I remember during ToT how the Yamatsu mines and Fan Dancer's Dojo weren't dropping rewards at first because those two dungeons are actually located on the Malas Facet.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am also doubtfull and that is why I was asking if anyone had tried it already.

I mean, in theory it should work but in reality it really goes down to how it was coded which we have no idea.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't you just post this in the other thread? Or did you decide to discuss this in a brand new thread?

Either way, if no one else has tried why not go test it yourself and inform us of your results. Simple conjecture wont determine anything but more conjecture.