1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stygian Dragon loot and/or arties

Discussion in 'UHall' started by frneo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. frneo

frneo Guest

Hi guys... I've recently started playing UO again, after years of absence... I've read about the dominating PvM classes nowadays and came to the conclusion I should get myself a Sampire...

Anyways, I recently finished the build and went soloing the Stygian Dragon...

I killed him twice today, and got NO items in my pack... Just the corpse loot, with some semi-trash items...

Is this normal? What's your experience with the Stygian Dragon?

It took me almost 2 hours to kill them both, so I was really frustrated to get no arties... Anyway... Some insight would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you...

2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

As with most new content in this game, in the beginning, the new items drop like there is no tommorow. After a few weeks or a month, the drop rate is substancially reduced. You are just experiencing the substancially reduced drop rates, so as not to flood the market.

3. frneo

frneo Guest

Well, third time I killed him, I got a Life Syphon in my bag...

4. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds about right. I've done about 50 (solo). Drop rate for me has been around 25%. 3 Fallen Mystic books. Wraith form thrower spamming armor ignore takes about 10 - 15 minutes

5. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think the drop rate is reduced, it is in fact increased for some monsters like Navrey Night-Eyes. I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but you don't get any additional chance to receive an artifact when you solo these bosses. If the drop rate is 25%, it is 25% for all top attackers, so it is wiser to kill the dragon with a party.

In Europa, Melissa of Elven League of Virtues guild used to call players in global chat for Stygian Dragon hunt. I probably joined about ten of them and received an artifact half of the time.

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

imho absolutely the drop rate goes up when you solo (especially Navery.)

7. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It helps if you go in a group, since everyone who did theit share in killing it, has a chance for an artie drop.....so it is actually better to do it with 6-10 peaople than alone.