1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Succubus aura

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Lord Chaos, May 21, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Its been a while since I've fought monsters with aura, but how is it you vet your pet if the creature you're fighting has a damage aura? Seems like it would be pretty hard taking damage yourself while healing.

Or do you simply sic the pet on it and only heal after the monster is dead (though that would be hard with a paragon)

2. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

In that situation, I'm guessing most tamers would opt for distance-based healing using magery, spellweaving, etc.

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It depends on the creature you're fighting and how tough your pet is. I usually vet up after killing a succubus, or at least hold off till it's nearly dead. Then if it re-targets me I'm not going to take enough damage to die.

You can also risk it and move in for a vet then back out again once the bandage is on. I hold off doing that unless my pet will die otherwise, or again if the monster is nearly dead. But with practice it's feasible for a tamer who doesn't have the mana pool to sit spamming heals.

Wenchy

4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I simply equip a demon slayer spellbook and help my cu's kill them. Three ebolts with the pup on them and they're dead...they don't live long enough to do much damage.

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Haven't lored one in a while, but if I recall, succ are actually more cold vulnerable so nuke em down with Mind Blast.

Yes that aura is one of the many reasons when it comes to healing magery > vetting, except when it comes to a res.

They stack though so if your pet is taking a ton of damage you can double click bandage, target pet, and cast greater heal, and the target for gheal will come up at the same time your bandage finishes and you end up healing 100+ a turn...

6. Aura? I'm pretty sure it is just an area of effect spell, not an aura like pyre has. If it is not, how can I stealth by without getting hit?