1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suddenly my chicks are ejected.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Saw a thread about Chicken Lizards being ejected from private houses when taken from coop. Great, I thought my houses are public so I dont have a problem.

And I didnt, until today, suddenly every time I take a chicken from the coop its outside the house. Tis a real pain now as I have 2 small entrances and when trying to manouevre them back in they will persist in getting themselves stuck. What the blazes causes these bugs? like I said no problem at all until today.:mad:

Europa

2. Minako

Minako Guest

I never had any problems with battle chickens being ejected either. House was public. Now my regular chicken lizards that give me eggs are being booted out!! Everytime I feed one hay to get eggs, I have to go chase it outside under the house sign.

This is not fun! My egg hatching is on hold until this gets fixed. Too much of a hassell!

On Atlantic btw

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

3. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This started happening to me today as well on Legends.

First I hatched an egg, and the lizzard got ejected under house sign. - well, a bug or glitch i thought.

Then I went on to feed my stabled chickens, and every single chicken got ejected of the house when i claimed them.

4. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!!

5. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

could always put em once there bonded on a petball to summon em back in once tghey pop out and hatch the eggs on the 2 or 3 tile islands or on boat

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* This new chicken chasing "feature" will be doubly exciting on Siege. Just fed mine.

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

And if it's not bonded? But even so, that's pretty much irrelevant....

How about customers stop having to try invent clever workrounds to make up for mistakes in programming every time something is patched or published?

There's a hell of a lot of difference between us needing to 'be inventive' in the game, and having something suddenly change apparently overnight that can lose you things in-game. Yet again, something has 'sneaked' past the EA QA process (although 'sneaked' is pushing it a bit, at times I think they'd not notice a herd of elephants rampaging through the office) and yet again, in the last set of cuts, QA seems to have taken another hit.

Wonder if this many 'mistakes' would be acceptable in the EA department calculating Mr Riccitiello's paycheck......

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Mine are doing the same, i.e., you claim a bonded chicken lizard from the coop, it shows up next to your character for half a second with its name in color as usual, and then it is immediately ejected from the house. If you log out immediately, it does log in within the house with you and can run around. Feeding one, once you get it back in the house, works as usual.

Would be nice if someone from the UO team would put up a warning about this so people don't lose unbonded pets because they don't know about the change/problem. I hope this wasn't a deliberate change.

9. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

At least in Iantown the biggest worry is the bats.

10. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

[​IMG]

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Devs, fix this!

12. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Sadly, i think this is their response to the 'bug' of freshly hatched battle chickens not vorpaling inside of a house.

The cure is worse than the disease!

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I suspect it's an 'unintended consequence' of

"Fixed an issue that would not allow players to summon ethereal Reptalons or Hiryus in a house "

But whatever causes it, it needs fixing very quickly. Not much use adding 'new content' to keep players and bring people back, only to muck it up shortly afterwards.

14. Andy_Mythic

VIP Stratics Veteran

I have forwarded this issue along to be investigated.

And now I'm suddenly craving Popeye's.

15. *cries* wheres Chrissay???? :(
    Sorry, nothing against Andy (whoever Andy is), but I'm suddenly sad again.

16. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

If you open any egg in a house, the bird is ejected outside. If you remove a bird from a coop, it is ejected outside after a slight delay.

Makes it a pain in the butt when you need to feed a bunch of hungry chickens.

17. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

Thanx for posting Andy.....

Nice to know we are not all alone here.

Q

18. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Hello and Welcome Andy.

Thanks for reading and sending it off to be looked at... :party:

KFC is better, at least in my area. Popeyes is always running out of chicken :(

19. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

As of this morning, this problem appears to have been fixed.

20. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Certainly seems fixed - excellent that it was sorted out so quickly!

21. WARNING !!!! This issue is not fixed! I lost a newly hatched battle chicken on 11-22-09. AGAIN - this issue is not fixed!!!!!!

I hatched the battle chicken in my house and poof! He was there for a second then disappeared. He did NOT get ejected from the house----he just went POOF!!!!

Did not effect my chickens when feeding - only when I tried to hatch a NEW ONE !!!

22. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Well, to be precise - they fixed the first problem, now we have a new one...

If you are on Europa and need a battle chicken egg to replace the lost one, or an untrained already hatched chicken instead, let me know.