1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Adding Fel Push-Through-Rules

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anira Cuilwen, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Now this is something which is sure more critical to look into but I think it should at least be taken into consideration as the populations are not that big anymore that it would be a big issue.

So basically add the push through rules from Fel to any Tram based facet. Would give more strategy options for PvP on Trammi based facets.

Anyways am not sure if there are any locations or mechanics which would suffer from this change ;)

2. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

At the chance of repeating myself here, we have fel for PvP it works for me :coco:

3. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Am totally convinced that it works for you in your particular playstyle. I am rather thinking of the bigger idea of being able to use strategies of way blocking for warred guilds on non-Fel facets.
    I do not see why you should be forced to go to Fel just for the little piece of having some extra strategie option in guild wars.
    Try to look at it from a scope bigger than only your one character you play ;)

4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Psssssstttt, i have 21 characters and play every one of them. So insted of throwing out incorect insults learn to play. I dont want fel rules in tram. Same as i dont want mince in my Ice cream :p

5. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Woah woah woah. I did not insult anyone, mind your own manners. And after nearby 14years am sure I know how to play thanks.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You realise this idea would totally change pvm dynamics for all players who have never had to deal with push through? They'd be trapped by groups of monsters they're used to being able to simply run through

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Take yer personal issues to PM or let it go, please.

MalagAste, Tazar and Bazer like this.
  8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The push through rules in Trammel is made to stop grief. If you had the rules from Fel in Trammel, players would be able to kill players in Trammel as they could trap them so they could not get away from monsters.
    In Fel, you can kill players who try to block you, you can't do that in Trammel so you need push through rules in Trammel.

Just come join us on Siege, we have no push through rules on all facets :)

Anira Cuilwen likes this.
  9. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well, didn't think about that really. But you are totally right with that there.

10. Lady Raja

Lady Raja Sage
    Stratics Veteran

11. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

You mean because the fel rule set is supporting uo sooooo well? Forcing the rule sets on players who left that same set years ago is a solution?
    Or..... Because uo's massive resources and massive dev team really dont have anything else to do?
    If you want fel set rules stay in fel. Ah that was ez.......
    GL

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You're definitely posting on the wrong forums asking for a fel push through lol..you must realize that mostly but not everyone here has never left their comfortable little safe zone..and that's why trammel was created for that specific reason because there are people who play to sit at a bank and just talk..not so much really anymore..at least on my shard but a fel push through as much as this hurts me to say is a bad idea for I think a lot of people would quit and the population will dwindle even more :(...what I DO think is a good idea give everybody 2 transfer tokens per account to move to siege with only your skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Uhm.. it is really about push through way blocking possibility only. Am not talking about full Fel ruleset here. Just wanted to note that ;)

14. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

This was addressed in an earlier post.

15. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Thats probably the best thing about it. It would actually a somewhat challenging aspect to pvm.

16. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

If I want that challenge I go to fel......
    Thx

17. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Totally true. If instigated it would mean pvm tactics would have to change. Not the end of the world. The problem is not really the effect on pvm though. The problem with the suggestion is that would give people a means to kill others in tram. Anyone that has played the game long enough knows this would be fully used as a means to kill players.

18. Phangs_of_Phage

So disable it agains players.

19. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

All that us is chaos/order and there should be a push to get it back with a more modern system with better perks..the reason chaos/order stopped being fun is because people stopped using it due to getting killed afk at the bank..which I agree is no fun..but then again don't bank sit on your chaos/order character ..plus the system sucked tbh

20. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You're missing the point.
    If this, and only this, was enabled in trammel, griefing idiots would lure mobs onto people till they had them trapped then sit there laughing while their victim helplessly died to overwhelming numbers.

21. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, if limiting at all,then I would go for disabling it for mobs but leave it enabled for players

22. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ok I need to know how no more push thru for players is used in PvP? Do you fight by grabbing players and surrounding your target? If so my Necro Macer would love to own you in one swing? If it is at choke points, if you are toe to toe in a battle you are doing something weird. Most of the choke points I encounter are Fielded to the theeth with Mages / Archer / Pets beating you down OR blocked by 1000's of candelabras?

Please explain how no push thru would be useful in PvP? I might look at it in a different light if I knew how you think you would use it?

23. Phangs_of_Phage

24. Phangs_of_Phage

Using MOBS and yourself to prevent another play from escaped or using MOBS to get another player stuck so you can escape.

25. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

^^ This

I will use my Blue to stam block another blue while a RED friend kills the blue. All done without getting a count for murder

26. Tracker23

Tracker23 Visitor

there was a time without pushthru in trammel?

27. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Would be tough to spot those stealthers as easily w/o it

28. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You know I actually thought about this from time to time... and sometimes I think it would be nice from an RP standpoint because there is NOTHING I hate more than having folk stand ontop of my character or sit in my lap, or the worst thing of all when you are "blocking" a door and folk who barely know to RP just walk through you as if you aren't standing there in their way.

However... that said I think that push thru rules in Tram would be TERRIBLE at things like EM events. Could you imagine? I don't know about your shard but on GL's there can be upwards of 50+ people there. Push thru would be a DISASTER there.

Now one thing I wouldn't be opposed to would be if "warred" guilds ie those orange to you gave the push thru like Fel.

29. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Horrible idea. Griefers in trammel are bad enough without having the ability to stam block targets. Worst part of tram griefers is that you can't attack them...