1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Dev's, Begging fix please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Black Sun, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I know the odds are low, but I'm throwing this out here in hopes a dev team member will see it and hopefully pass it on to someone who can help.

Can we get a fix for the begging skill please? There's nothing more annoying that having to wait out the timer when your NPC moves at the last second and you miss him/her and click on the floor. You didn't beg from anyone, but we still have to wait out the timer anyway. It's even more annoying in Heartwood, as those elves hardly ever stand still.

Please, give the beggars this small bone.

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Pull up/target the health bar of the npc so you wont miss even if they move.

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

oh god how awesome would that be. just imagine if you clicked poison, targeted the pot, them missed, if it just gave you the cursor back.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

agreed!

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I guess this would apply to Animal Lore as well...

6. Fink

Fink Guest

I play a beggar and thoroughly agree, but a broader fix would be good for all & maybe something they would look into. Targeted skills that hit an invalid target should give you the cursor back. Works for Energy Vortex in some circumstances.

7. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

i agree whole heartedly, with Fink on the fix for many skills. i guess over the years i have become jaded to this as well as other things. i have just learned to accept them as a way of UO life.

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

... so it seems we'll find out from this thread how good your begging skill truly is. :p

9. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

out of interest, how good is a begger? what goodies do you get given???

10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Check out the Beggar's forum for details, but basically once a year during the Halloween event you get special deco items if you're a GM Beggar.

11. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I haven't had the same problem with other skills, but agree 100%. They should be fixed as well. If you target an invalid tile for your skill you should get a message telling you to try again and give your cursor back.

12. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

People use begging?

13. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes. I have a begging chef actually. I'm also toying with the idea of giving him herding as well.

14. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

/agreed

:thumbsup:

15. agree/

16. /agree too

17. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

bug fixes should be priority instead of uneeded invasions that have little participation

been saying this for 12 years...
    /signed

18. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you have a dedicated beggar, shouldn't you just make a macro that will select the nearest mobile / use skill / target selected (and thus bypass the oops-missed issue when you run up to them)?

( I've been pondering a fair bit lately over whether or not requiring a player to figure out how to construct proper macros to use a skill effectively should be part of the learning curve of mastering a skill )

19. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'll be first to admit that my knowledge of macro's are somewhat lacking. How would you go about creating a macro like that using 2D with UOA? Currently I have it set to use begging when I press F3. After I select my target it has a 10 second pause, then an emote tells me when the timer has finished and I can repeat it again.

20. I should set that in my, I just use f3 key for the skill only and target the NPC. I hate that long delay between targets and if I miss I hate the wait for a new chance to do it again.