1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] /[Suggestion] KR intergration

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I was walking around in Ilshens Tomb today and i noticed that on the walls before me, were KR wall torches! Yeah, right next to the legacy 2d wall torches were unlit KR art torches. In this thread, say what pieces of KR art you'd like to see in the SA client. And don't say all of it! Have you seen and remnants of KR like these torches?

Personally, id like to have KR Boat art, man those looked cool.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

(Note that comparison images were created in the early beta EC and KR at the same location(s) and thus show the same exact tiles)

First off... Banana Trees.

[​IMG]

Next... Instead of replacing the building tiles, how about ADDING the tile artwork from KR into the house customization options. If you look around, you can see where the ground level terrain uses the KR artwork for floor and building tiles while everything above ground level is 2d artwork. The difference is quite noticeable between KR and 2d as shown below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third: I'll add in a "second" for the boats (the weathered look was MUCH better than the yellow)

Fourth: Sandstone... this is one I would replace totally... never liked the yellowishness of sandstone in 2d, LOVED the more subtle sand coloration in KR

[​IMG]

And finally, at least the option to run creatyure and character models at the higher resolution setting that KR and early SA/EC used before they downgraded the graphical quality (as shown in the comparison pic above at the cabin)

3. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

First iam for the intigration the KR enviroment, it was the best of the whole client, the nice layer system, the Water, Lava and Trees.

4. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Yes! PLEASE include an option for the KR graphics!!!!!

5. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I concur

6. Fink

Fink Guest

Me too.

I found some old screenshots of KR, it's such a waste that they tossed all that aside.. even EC-res versions of the new art would be better. If they were concerned about maintaining two art sets, just develop any new stuff for the KR set, and reduce size for Classic.

7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What I miss most are the KR boats and plants.

8. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The curious thing is the art is there and developed over many years and they using a low resoluted 10 years old art instead?

From the first statement on using the old art, i couldnt understand and cant also now!

I also didnt understand why they have intigrated the legacy art option, KR was a new game, with over all new art, and the art was coherent to the models.

KR in comparision to the EC looks like a new game, yes i know there were bugs and the stability was bad, but why have they not intigrated both?!?

A KR client with the recent changes and the development is nearly at the end, but now there a bugs also from art side, which should'nt be there. From the resolution side, i dont want speak off, it makes me angry!

9. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it just blows my mind on how much graphical lag i get in the new client when KR ran smoothly.

There were however, as per the topic of this thread, tons of art i despised in KR. from the above picture, the crystal ball looks hideous. There should have been much discussion on what KR art to keep and to throw out imo. I remember almost all of the busts in KR looking like male genitalia.