1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Password protected boxes/doors

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Feb 10, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

For making player quests and player events, this would be a nice feature:

Add a password protection feature to secure containers, doors and teleporters. If you activate this feature on a container or door, a popup would appear when using the item, asking for a password. They would only open if you'd enter the correct password.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement that.

2. Chiera

Chiera Guest

Don't know about the implementation, but the maintenance surely would be a costly venture. Just imagine all the pages from people who forgot their passwords.... I'd probably need a personal GM for that.

Then again... chest hacking would get a complete different spin in meaning ;)

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't want the existing security system to be replaced by password protection. I meant passwords as an enhancement. If a password has been forgotten, the owner of the house (or the one who locked down the chest) simply would have to release it.

This system would also allow installing personal secure strongboxes for other players in your house.

Wouldn't that be cool?

4. Chiera

Chiera Guest

Dunno, was kind of an unnecessary feature even when coown boxes existed (k... the chests are nice). And now with housing spots everywhere. Why not just place a house ?!?

5. The point of these would be to enhance player quests, provide a way that you could make more intricate puzzles to keep people involved, the hardcode being installed would make addition of more complex EM events to be made much easier (Think if you could place password locked doors with ease, the EM's could make infinitely repeatable quests far, far easier, and we'd see a high increase in quality of quests across the board), It would also allow for people to pose riddles and the like for large contests.

I see this as a great idea ^_^

6. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I like the idea. I'd have little to no use for it, but I still like it.