1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kage, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone who is selling faction items. I would like for everyone to no longer use a vendor... Someone is going around and buying the items that do not belong to them and trashing them.

Thank you.

Kage

2. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thats part of the risk. Someone who is willing to spend hundreds of thousands of gold to make sure someone doesnt get their gear back must really think it is justifable. Maybe it is a multi millionaire who just wants to level the playing field for a while, until you all save up more silver to replace it. Maybe it is your sworn enemy taking advantage of your predicament. Whateve rthe reason, it is a part of the game.

It is safer to place on the vendor and ensure you make a profit, than to try to trade at a bank, where you get ganked and looted.

Cancel trade window and all drops into pack, and your blessed check falls into your pack.

Of course, I only place on vendor when I know the person will be there shortly to purchase, to avoid vendor fees.

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, but the vendors are a good place for thieves to work. :) ...la

4. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

You will not get ganked at the bank if you a it's bank were hardly anyone goes. If you know the other person thats selling your gear they wont gank you unless they just want to be evil, and in that case im sure their own gear wont be sold back to them soo... The bank's a safer bet.....

TnT Put my items on the yew vendors and I was told they had put the Folded Steel Glasses and My Evil Dyed Sleeves, and My Fey leggings....

Well I got my fey leggings... yes any evil person could of used the sleeves so i wasnt to worried about that but they did purchase my folded steels that were on the vendor with my sleeves....

In any case im not worried about it. Its silver I have alot of it currently and can always get more. But just be warned there some evil bugger out there!

5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My only dealings on Siege with a bank transaction were when Wyrm attacked my crafter, I got him guard whacked, and he wanted to buy his stuff back.

We agreed to a price, then he cancelled trade window, and explosion/flamestrike on my armorless crafter, he got guard whacked again, but his buddy was there (stealthing) to loot me and get his gear back.

Lesson learned, now all my transactions are through my vendor.

As far as your missing gear goes, maybe someone thought the price was too low, so they purchased and put on their own vendor at a higher price.... or they trashed it.

6. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Learn a new lesson then, wear armor.... :)

7. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think he did learn a lesson, he sells stuff exclusively by vendor only.

I love how everyone is like 'boo hoo' you died twice, this is Siege. But when it comes to selling back faction items now all the sudden it's 'boo hoo, someone bought my **** and trashed it.'

It's SIEGE, deal with it and live up to the crap you spew out.

8. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Aint that the truth :( lol