1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS FOR CRAFTING FAQ UPDATES - post them here!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Basara, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is the thread for posting things you want to see in the various crafting FAQs. I'm making requests right now for the data from Stygian Abyss, once it becomes official.

Please reply here instead of in the FAQ threads themselves...

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I found some Wood Inscribing Tools on a vendor last night but I'd like some background on these items... when did they come out... what do you need to make the various kinds... are they always one charge each? Seemed expensive for the ability to inscribe one line of text on one wooden container?

FAQ about these inscribing tools would be GREAT!

3. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Okay, I'll get on those when I do the Carpenter FAQ, or just do one entry in the crafting guides for all the inscribing tools.

The short version is that the inscribing tools are craftables, often charged for many times what they cost to create (some of them use only cheap ingredients, some really expensive), and (depending on the inscribing tool) either crafted by the skill that their target item is related to, or tinker. They came out about 3 years ago, or so. There is also a weapon engraving tool that is a Veteran reward.

4. Basara

BUMP...

Taking submissions for a guide to what's new in crafting for Stygian Abyss, either as stand-alone, or additions to the existing FAQ.

Eventually, we will also need an Imbuing FAQ.

I'm a little behind the curve, because scheuling issues in RL kept me from trying the open beta.

5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Need to take into account that Tinkers can make plain bracelets and rings for 3 ingots each (can take to GM)

6. OxAO

OxAO Guest

making the Aud-char musical insterments.
    it says i need 'stones'
    I never seen stones other then collectables in the game before.

how do you find them?

thanks

7. Basara

I think those might be the "Granite" from mining.

8. OxAO

OxAO Guest

Very good! it worked!

thank you
    :thumbup1:

9. Annonymous User

Annonymous User Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a single thread that has all the information one would need if one was a complete newby to set building to get a firm grasp on the ins and outs. That would be awesome ! If there is, I have not been able to find such a thing, just tid bits of info here and there scattered around, and that just seems to confuse me more then anything /shrug. !

10. Basara

The closest thing to that currently would be the Tailor Profession page and the New Blacksmith guide...

11. Ncdiablo

Ncdiablo Guest

Basara,

As a returning player (haven't played since 2001-2002) there have been so many changes. I was hoping to find a good guide to crafting decent suits. I kept getting conflicting information. My hope is that someone could put some clear instructions on crafting now.

Something akin to this.

Gm+ Tailoring and Gm Arms lore

Here are the variety methods on creating a good suit

Normal sewing kit-> choose barbed leather -> create 10 tunics -> review resists and pick 3-4 tunics with the best resists -> recycle bad tunics ->PoF suit to 255->imbue resists and benefits->enhance (high risk so you don't have to do that unless you are willing to lose everything)

give pros and cons of using this method and then list the other methods with pros and cons.

It would give a beginning or mid level tailor good ideas on not on the process but the pros and cons

I am not even saying the method I put down was a good one but it shows the steps in order and would give them a great method to understand the system.

this primarily for the the 70's resist/ medable armor / and then leaves the rest to how the char wants to imbue for the stuff they want.

Just my thoughts thanks for everything Basara

12. craftlord

craftlord Guest

we definetely need :yell: a revamp of the bod system w/ more diverse rewards, and possibly bod systems for tinkers, cooks, carpenters, etc. :thumbup1:

13. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've forgotten most of HOW TO MAKE for my craft-characters and now need to make a Soul Forge. I can't even remember how to make a big or small forge. HELP. lol Just need a nudge in the right direction. Have been hunting for some place that will tell me how to do things again. My Craftsmen are all 120 - - oh wow I think it is a carpentry crafted item. Sorry.

#13 Jade of Sonoma, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

forges (normal, elven, stone and soulforge) are furniture, thus the carpenter crafts them.

If I remember, the blacksmith ones need some blacksmith skill also.
    I know that the stones forges need heartwood recipes, one common and one rare( 2 because of east/south facing).
    I think the elven one also needs recipe but I'm not sure.

I know the soulforge needs imbuing skill (in the 85-90 I believe) and a relic fragment.

Hope this was what you wanted to know :)

#14 jeza, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  15. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you so much for replying. I finally discovered quite a few things I had forgotten. Your post helps a great deal!

16. Basara

The Stone Anvil (east) recipe is currently only available as Treasure Map loot. It was bugged as to not spawn from quests.

17. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

18. Sarak

Sarak Lore Keeper
    Governor UWF

one thing ive found is to avoid using the only charge when you dc it and target what you want engrave if it is already engraved leaving the line to type in black then hit enter will erase the current engraving and yes if you buy them, they can be over priiced as it takes very small resources easily obtained to make them. wooden engraving tool, metal engraver leather etc. the weapon engraving tool can be recharged via a tinker npc for a cost so dont throw it away it has five uses at a time, and can be recharged. its a vet reward.