1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Despise Artifact Tweek

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Merus, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

After looking at the selections for the artifacts from the revamp of despise I thought we might take a few minutes to offer some tweeks in hopes that our Dev team might consider some ideas before it goes live. The items themselves are not bad but a few slight adjustments would make them valuable:

Compassion Eye: Most mages I play or know don't seem to have an issue getting enough mana on their characters, but in most cases casting speed and recover are a huge deal.
    My suggestion: Drop the mana increase and add FCR3

Unicorn Mane: Come on Devs... you create a property that runs in multiples of 3, then add an item that only has 2??
    My suggestion: Bump the eater property up to 3%

Quiver/Vail: Same issue as the ring... most throwers/archers have plenty of dex, but swing speed is a big factor. If we are going to add an artifact in the back slot for our range characters lets give something that competes with the Ranger Cloak that is no longer available.
    My suggestion: Drop the dex bonus and at 5SSI

Hailstorm: Lets face it, once you throw random slayer into the mix you have pretty much designated this item as a PvM weapon. Slayers and Hit Spell have been broken for a long time.
    My suggestion: Replace the hit lightning with HLD or HLA.

Please feel free to add in your own ideas.

#1 Merus, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

This would certainly help my mage suit, but maybe their intention isn't to make suits even more powerful.

#2 O'Brien, Aug 19, 2012
  3. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I think it competes fine. If it had the change youre proposing it would completely ruin the value of the rangers cloaks. The 1% lmc is handy but that would be the only real advantage to the rangers at that point.

4. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I like the suggested changes and think it would make the pieces much more useable.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I also like Merus' proposed adjustments. I had similar thoughts on all of the items when the list was first released.

I'd also like to see one more half apron added to the game.

(Half Apron)
    STR 10
    HCI 5
    SR 3

This would fill out the aprons with Dex, Str, and Int and add some flavor. I'd call it Obsidian's Revenge with a cool purple-black two tone look, but that's just me. :)

#5 Obsidian, Aug 19, 2012
  6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

definitely..I don't have a rangers but why devalue it? There are plenty of temps that would work the new arti in w/o an issue

7. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

To me it really isn't so much about being more powerful... its about being more usable. Mage jewerly without some sort of FC or FCR seems very limited IMO. On this particular piece we have +20 mana, which is nice, but mana increase is so easy to get on other suit pieces that it seems a waste here. I hate to see new artifacts added to the game whose practicality for use seems so limited.

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Im some respects your post is exactly right. The current value of the Ranger Cloak is where it is because dexxers want the SSI. Personally I have never been a big fan of items like the Ranger Cloak being limited in availability. I am fine if they remain unique to that event, but believe that a comparable item should be available. SSI is obviously a highly sought after addition to dexxer suits.

Current quivers offer the lower ammo cost, the weight reduction, and the damage modifier... so the proposed new quiver drops the DCI and adds HCI (like this change), some extra resist (though I think 10 resist in the back slot is a bit OP but ok), and +5 archery/throwing. Will the pieces get used? I am sure it will, but my guess is that it will always be considered at least a notch below the Ranger Cloak. Some may be ok with that, but I think the piece would see much more viability if it had the SSI on it instead of the dex.

9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

has anyone else noticed they are all a superslayer, except the dragon one? i wonder if it will be changed to reptile in a patch.