1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions: Seed Jars

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady_Kattalina, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Ok.. the reason I'm posting this here is because I'm not sure where I need to post it for the developmental team of UO to see it, so please let me know. :)

I'm a little obsessed with the plant system of UO.. and I grow a lot of plants, which means a lot of seeds to pluck from them. I think it would be awesome if there were jars or something similar that seeds could be placed in. Similar to how we have bod books for tailor/smith bods.

This way myself and any others who have this same obsession wouldn't be forced to practically clear out their house--or use a secondary account to place another house--just to keep their seeds for later growing.

Again, I posted this here because I don't know the appropriate place to post it and would greatly appreciate being informed of the proper place to have this suggestion considered.

Thanks!
    Katt

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's been asked for before, in the manner of bod books, or similar. Anything to hold seeds and lower the lockdown count they take. Iirc, the townhall in SD, the answer to the question was that it is not even being looked at at this time.

3. Bah! That's just cruel.

I think it would be an awesome additional release with Pub 55 bringing the new plant types. I'll have to do what I can to get rid of some things in my house then I guess... I really don't care to pay for two accounts just to keep more than one seed for growing. ;/

Thanks for the info. :)

Katt

4. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

Kattalina, while it is not perfect here is something other plant growers use - store the seeds on the grown plant. Plants in a secure or locked down container do not grow and you save yourself 7 item being stored.

WildStar

5. Ohhh.. now that is a smart alternative. Thanks for the tip!

Why didn't I think of that? ;p

Thanks again!
    Katt

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Heck I think if they just made the seeds stack that would make a world of difference.

7. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

And if you make a point of keeping a self-pollinated (as opposed to a x-pollinated) plant for its 8 seeds, then when you do get around to removing them not only are you sure of what they are (they match the parent plant), but they will also be labeled.

8. yep.. that's exactly what I'm doing now. :) Thanks for the additional tip!

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I've always been too paranoid that this is one of those little things that could spontaneously change during attempts to tweak the code and I'd lose my whole seed bank.