1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions to fix this please?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Cailleach, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I logged in earlier, intending to take my tamer and go farm Navrey. The lag was so awful, I decided to reboot. Soooooo, instead of being sensible, taking her home and logging there, I hit invis by the cannons at the entrance to the underworld and logged. Stupid, I know, but hey, hindsight is always 20/20 :( My problem is that when I try to log back in with her, I get a small window, rather than my usual fullscreen, then the dreaded 'ultima online has encountered a problem' blah blah blah box. Any suggestions, other than paging? Cos I have a horrible premonition about how doing that will end.

Just to save time, I've logged in just fine on my other account. It's this particular char that's having problems.

2. Tia

Tia Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sounds like the file is corrupted for that char.. i had similar.. had to go in to the uo file and delete the file name for that particular char.. then log in as usual, makes new uncorrupted file for it

3. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sorted now, ty. I was getting a bit worried; had visions of my tamer being stuck in the entrance to the underworld for the rest of eternity - and my crimmie and charger being stuck with her!

I paged the GM's. Got a response that pretty much suggested what you did. It didn't work. However, the bit they didn't tell me (and Aurelius over on UHall did) is that there's two locations that have those files. I removed second, rebooted client, got another patch and bingo, all fixed. So not sure if it was the patch or the file that did it, but I'm just happy to have my tamer back!

The two locations I found char files in on my PC are program files and my documents. Quite why there's two, I don't know.

4. Tia

Tia Seasoned Veteran

Yep the programme files one is the one i delete when they get corrupted... dunno about in the my documents... lol

But good that you`ve sorted it.. have fun

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Earlier this year, they changed the way the clients work, apparently to 'be more consistent with Windows standards" or some such reasoning....

The directories for your characters used to be in whatever directory your client was installed to, now you'll have directories in your 'My Documents' for EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy, and if you use the SA client EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss, inside those will be the user data for your characters now.