1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suicidal Nightmare!

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Llewen, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just when I think I've seen everything, UO surprises me again. I've really got to set up Fraps so I can record if I want to, unfortunately I didn't this time.

The Setting:

I get attacked by a pack of faction enemies. I'm dismounted at the time for some reason, I can't remember why, anyway, my pets are fighting, I'm taking an awful lot of damage, so I call my babies and try to get the hell out of Dodge.

Unfortunately I get caught by those delayed mystic bombshells and die a screen or two away, whereupon the ravenous pack sets on my babies and attempts to devour them as well. I hit the emergency log off button and save them from an untimely demise (no this isn't about auto stabling so don't even start... ;) ).

The Scene:

I go grab a new life at the local wandering healer, and use my faithful pet ball to call my nightmare back from her home in the fifth dimension. My nightmare took quite a bit of damage and I can't mount for some reason, so I assume I'm getting one of those ridiculous "you must heal your mount... blah blah blah" messages, and start to heal her.

The Action:

Suddenly I realize, she's still fighting, which was probably the real reason I couldn't mount her. Not only that, she's still taking damage. I look around, there is no one around but me and my nightmare. I do a serious double take, and there can be no doubt about it, she's trying to kill herself. Apparently my death drove her to despair...

DON'T DO IT!!! I STILL LOVE YOU BABY, AND I'M OK!!! IF IT'S PTSD WE CAN GET YOU SOME HELP!!! :stretcher:

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LMAO! Seriously, you need to look for the NPC Monty Roberts really quick now, methinks you've got a problem ;)

If desperate pets start to try suicide it's going to get messy at Luna bank soon heh

Wenchy

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually I think I distinctly heard her say once, "If you take me back to Yew gate again, I'm going to kill myself." I didn't believe her... :sad3:

4. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I actually noticed something similar to this, perhaps you have seen it before.

I was trying to raise the magery on my Dread Warhorse so I had it attack a summoned earth elemental from a short distance (magery only) in trammel so no damage taken.

As soon as the Elemental disappeared my horse would keep attacking. What it was attacking I actually could not see since there was nothing to fight nor did I see if it was taking damage since it was in trammel.
    But I bet that, like yours, it was attacking itself. :)

5. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ROFL!!!! I needed that!!! :danceb: