1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] Suit build

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by The Mule, Mar 8, 2013.

1. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Im too impatient to wait for the pub. Ive made a thrower and now am making a suit. If I need to redo it in a few weeks/months/never, so be it..

120 Throwing
    120 Bush
    120 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing/Resist spells
    100 Necro
    60 Chiv

70/95/70/70/70
    40 LMC
    100LRC
    DI 60 (+40 wpn)
    HCI 30
    MI 22
    HPI 25

Head - Mace and Shield Glasses
    Neck 2/16/6/7/10 LMC 8 LRC 20 MI 8 HPI 4
    Torso Breastplate of Berserker
    Legs 7/11/16/10/13 LRC 20 HPI 5 (2 imbue mods open)
    Arms 25/21/22/21/21 MR 3 MI 6 HPI 1 HPR 4
    Kilt 8/20/11/13/11 LMC 6 MR 2 LRC 20 MI 8
    Ring LMC 8 MI 25 HCI 15 LRC 20 Chiv+
    Brace LMC 8 DI 20 HCI 15 LRC 10 Chiv+
    Boots -/2/-/-/-
    Crimson Cinture
    Talisman LMC 6 LRC 10
    No robe or wings items yet.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Journeyman

nice suit setup...if you don't mind me asking as im sure you have your reason, but why 100 LRC?

to get into wraith form? vamp form? or just for necro spells and not having to worry about tithing points?

just curious.....my current suit has lrc built onto it and I honestly don't find myself using it and would of rather used the weight in something else more useful...but planning on a new suit here reallllllly soon :)

#2 Devil Hanzo, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am going back and forth on the template and the suit is a good multi suit. Im thinking of dropping heal and adding ss and doing more necro spells for low level champs mobs.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you decide to run in Vamp form and without SS, then I don't think you'll need LRC. But if you do run in wraith or if you plan to use a lot of necro spells (maybe without chiv on your template) and go dread, then LRC can be helpful. On my wraith thrower, I do not have LRC on my suit. I carry a stash of pig iron for Curse Weapon as that is the only spell I cast (besides wraith form).

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Personally I think you can get more out of each piece. Gargish armor is great in the way the mods distribute and they naturally have much higher resist values. When I made my thrower suit I still overcapped fire and only needed one resist imbue per piece and that wasn't max intensity. and none on the necklace. I ended up with LMC 7 samina inc 7, mana inc 8 and HPI 5 on 5 pieces. on the necklace it was resist 5/5/5/5/5 and stam 8 mana 8 hpi 5 LMC 8 I run with a mana phasin orb to round off LMC at 40% if you have necro in your set up you should have no need for mana regain as a quick wrait form will bump youback up to full in no time. also with a decent wep and the high damage you will be kicing out you will get good returns on mana leech on the wep.

My thrower is a disco thrower and I can keep spell song active while chaining AI's just with mana leech from my suit and the odd use of my talisman if i need a "free" mana top up.

The base pieces are what make a good suit, not saying yours isn't good but you could get more out of it for sure. chaning between characters on a suit limits the effect of both classes. If you were happy to have to remake it as stated in your post I would take the time to make another suit for the character you are looking at sharing this one with hehe.

with regards to picking up SS to kill lower level champ mobs I have found that a high hit area glaive is very effective at whacking out big groups, or even a cyclone. can save on the skill points and keep healing, but each to their own.

The suit setup you have made is clearl well thought out and I consider it a good suit but you could make it great! aim for the stars! at least if you don't hit them you still land on the moon... or something.

thanks for reading.

#5 RazicGL, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013