1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Summer Dragonfish pie!!!

Discussion in 'UO Europa Trade' started by AzSel, Oct 4, 2010.

1. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes I know its not available on regular shards yet, but when they are, id like to buy a ****load of those pies at a good price. Just putting it out there so you, the cooks, know about it, thanks!

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Whats good about them? I haven't played in the beta :)

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Both stratics and uoguide have an incredible amount of information on the new booster pack where a lot of testers slept too little to document. In fact, summer dragonfish is one of the first fishes we caught since it was on an obvious Dungeon which is figured out using Crysta logic: name vs dungeon (Destard). I encourage everyone to check those pages about the new booster, stratics has full info (credit goes to Petra) currently where uoguide is missing some.

Some advice:

For the fishers: you dont need much pvm skill to fish on Destard (or any other dungeon, including Twisted Weald) if you can hide from, lure away or kill the monsters around the fishing spots. I can say that the chance to catch one is more or less the same as the chance to catch a big fish. Using baits is always a wise thing to do while gathering specific baits requires some time (from professional fisher quest). Using a bait does not mean that your chance of catching the fish becomes 100% but it greatly improves your chances.

For the cooks: Each pie has different minimum skill requirement, eg. the summer dragonfish pie requires 68.0 cooking skill which means you have about 64% chance to bake one with gm skill. You wont have much trouble baking them with talisman giving a bonus on cooking skill. On all fish pies, you need 1 dough, 1 fruit/vegetable and 1 of the three newly introduced ingredients which can be bought from the tavernkeepers on the sea market. The only rare ingredient is the fish itself. We have yet to discover any difference on the effect of eating exceptionally baked pies but it doesnt mean there is none.

4. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

fairy salmon pie look better :)

6. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The whole range of pies is great. I'm loving the new expansion, having tested it almost to destruction in the time it's been in beta. It's very very well done, and if you Fel guys decide to adopt this as a method of pvp, you're gonna have a ball!

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Cooking them is the easy bit. Catching the buggers is gonna be the trick to pull off!

8. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Were going to have no choice, when 2 or 3 start using them, every one needs to use them to keep up. So i guess your going to make big bucks when it comes out. I have a cook, best i start a fisher now :thumbup1:

Is there a timer on them or can i munch one right after the first one runs out? since you have tested these out to the max.

9. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I wasn't on pies; I've been stunt fishing to get the fish to make the pies! I'm also on dread pirate capturing testing, which is a blast.

Next time I'm over there, I shall test out if there's a cool down timer and let you know :)

10. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Dont waste your pies Cailleach, both stratics (Petra) and uoguide has the timer: 300 seconds. If you eat another one, timer will reset. Their effects also do not stack, so if you eat another pie, previous effect will run out: one buff at a time.

11. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're a star! :thumbup:

12. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Still Looking and paying good money!

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Make an offer. At present, I've got half a dozen of them. I can get more, but it seems that the Summer Dragonfish is one of the middling difficult to get hold of fish; it can be done, but it takes a while :)

EDIT: Make that 30 pies :)

14. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Half a dozen, thirty, whats the difference :D

15. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

2 mill ok?

16. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That sounds very reasonable to me. When do you want them for?

17. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sent PM.

18. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for nice smooth trade :)