1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Summer is coming up.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speedy Orkit, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Which generally means the player base increases, which means skills will be worked and people want something to do.

So how about with the Magincia rebuilding event, we turn back on a turn in system? We can turn in for 5.0 SoT's, Alacrity scrolls, some new armor sets, deco, etc? People always seem to greatly enjoy these, and I'd love to see the SoT's and alacrity bumped so we can have more players in the dungeons and on the field.

Opinions?

2. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Surely we aren't skipping Spring, are we?

3. canary

canary Guest

Errr... it usually decreases, imo.

Sun? Outside? No show?

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well I'll have more time off from Uni in the Summer, So for me, It'll increase.

People say it decreases during the winter too and picks up in January/February.

5. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

This....

6. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Unless of course you're in grade school.

Oh, that's right, the game is kiddie rated now....

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've always seen an increase over the summers...college kids home and wanting to pwn some newbies.

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Usually I always see summer participation dropping due to people taking vacations, going to the ocean (or here in Oklahoma the creek, river or lake), or spending time outdoors. Normally there isn't very many events going on in UO except for maybe another round of TOT to fill in for a month or two while the devs plan for the next story arc. The winter months, you have people staying indoors and college students playing the game (sometimes instead of going to class).

9. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i want another TOT.. i missed out on one of those lucky mempos.

10. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

ToT made my summer last year. I really hope it comes back in one form or another. In my opinion, it is the best event in game. The minor rewards come at a decent interval, you choose the monster you fight (so you can fight at your char's level), and best yet, you choose the major reward that suits your needs.

-OBSIDIAN-

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Last summers TOT was my favorite event as well. I enjoyed how they added it into the Shadowlord story arc and they didn't keep the event going for months (some events I think the Devs set it and forget it and it runs for months past what they said it would).

12. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

my favorite event was the shadowlord invasions.. i wish they did something like that once a week.

13. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I 3rd (or 4th?) liking the last TOT and shadowlord event. That was tons of fun.. :thumbup1: I missed the first few TOT events though because I hadn't started playing again, so I'm not as jaded toward it as some people might be.

14. Magincia was the best event in game in the time that I've been playing. There were multiple systems and reward types all going on at the same time. It wasn't just bash monsters mindlessly until something drops.

15. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Agreed. Magincia was my Fav too.

16. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about another Spring Cleaning event with different rewards?????

17. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have to agree with the OP on this one. I usually notice an increase in lag and traffic during the summer. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

I've always figured it had something to do with the kids being out of school for the summer. Home all day while their parents are at work, nobody to force them to go outside, they all hop on UO.

Just my 2 cents.

18. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Spring / Summer = Golf / Harley /B Ball

My UO time goes way down...