1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

support.ea.com : browser Horizontal Scroll Bar missing : How to fix ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Oct 25, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am going nuts with a problem I have ONLY with the support.ea.com web site : both with Firefox AND Internet Explorer the horizontal Scroll Bar does not show up and I cannot scroll to the right side thus being unable to read what is there.

I do NOT have this problem for other sites for example, Stratics is just fine with BOTH the vertical and the horizontal scroll bars showing up just fine.

I am only experiencing this with the support.ea.com web site.

Therefore, I imagine it is not a problem on my end.
    But if so, then it means also other users of that site should have this horizontal scroll bar missing problem.

By the way, I DID go to the "View Menu" and clicked on "Status bar" to see if it fixed the problem, but it didn't.....

Does anyone have this same problem ?

I am using Win XP Pro, FF 3.6.8 and IE 8.0.6001.18702

How can I get it fixed ?
    Thanks.

2. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I just went to the site and tried it, and i dont get the bottom scroll bar either.

I don't have a fix, except maybe changing your resolution so you dont have to scroll to the side?

If you maximize the browser window you still cant see all the text on the site?

Screen shot below shows what i get when i make the window smaller than the site.

Attached Files:

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you use the left and right arrow keys you can move over the screen in Firefox without using a scrollbar. Or zoom out on the page. Or increase the resolution of your monitor.

Wenchy

4. popps

popps Always Present

Would that mean that it is a problem of that particular Web Site and neither a problem on my end or yours given that we are experiencing the same issue ?

What could be possibly causing this issue on their side then and how could they get it fixed ?

5. popps

popps Always Present

The arrows are good as an easy work around, thanks for the tip.

Nonetheless, I wonder what could be causing this issue so far limited (at least for me...) only to the support.ea.com Web Site.

Any ideas ?

6. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

Im pretty sure its a pebkac error, practically unpossable to fix.