1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Suppose Armour had Advantages/Disadvantages to Specials

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just suppose.

My plate suit beefed me up a bit against dismount.
    Maybe the bolas bounce off the armour, the weight of the armour makes the HCBOW bolt less effective.

Crushing blows a bit less effective as armour gets stronger.

Double strikes are harder to do in full plate then naked.

Maybe we could all stop wearing leather? For a reason that is.

2. That reminds me how great is studded leather now runic kits don't give "mage armor" to normal leather, and Arms Lore bonus. Studded leather, one property less than normal leather ok, but ONE resist point BETTER! Awesome, I buy!

But of course, platemail is still great. It has a higher STR requirement because it looks stronger. That'll teach roleplayers.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

shades of "back when", how about mace weapons actually damaged armor in general? I'd love to see that back in for various reasons.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

really? studded leather wont give mage armour property but the others.

Maybe I need to make some.

5. I believe metal armor wears out slower than leather armor. Maybe someday this will be an important feature.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm. Havent noticed. But that could be a sensible feature too. I hate to say cost to keeping armour in shape but I suppose leather would take some sewing and balms, where metal plate would need a bigger production to repair.

But maybe metal has greater ability to resist attacks and therefore weakens slower. Less repair.

7. <blockquote><hr>

But maybe metal has greater ability to resist attacks and therefore weakens slower. Less repair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think metal's just more durable than leather, cloth, or hides. It should also be more durable than wood.