1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] surge shields

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Ivory Norwind, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've found a surge shields.
    It's the first time that i see one of them.
    Brtittle
    Surge mana regeneration
    Faster casting 1
    LMC 4%
    Fire resist 5%
    cold resist 1%

It's a good item?
    What means Surge mana regeneration?
    It's price is high?
    Thanks

2. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

on nappa i have seen them go for about 500k, I sold mine for 20kish i believe. many will pop up, and the price will go down, and i hate the huge luna prices

3. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

But Drazasamus, it's a good item?
    Iìm intenested not in selling but in having good items :)

4. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

as far as a good item, yes. Using it will cause your mana to regen at an increased rate. If you can imbue it (not sure) with spell channeling, then you have a nice shield for mages to help with thier mana regen

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Including the new "Brittle" property, it looks like the shield already has 5 properties so I don't think you will be able to imbue it.

If you do a few of the level 5 or 6 treasure maps, you should be able to get one and test it out. They are not that hard to get and I think they should not be very expensive.

6. So far I have found two kinds of Surge shields - the first and most common is the mana regen with 5 properties. I have found one with Hit Point regen instead, and only had one (I think one) additional property besides the Brittle, which was +1 Cold Resist.

Both items would be useful after a dirt nap.

7. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

i sam one of the shields on uoguide.com that had the spellchanneling property on it, so that would be useful for mages

8. Sharpthorn

Sharpthorn Guest

i havn't found a GREAT use for them yet, but i did note that they can be converted for gargoyles:mf_prop: