1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Swampy Armor

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Mikeltin5, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

I use my Samp in Doom, and have noticed lately that with armor on my swampy (with an AI hit) I do roughly 168 when hitting DF. When the armor breaks mid fight, I suddenly start hitting for aound 198 with the same wep and AI. Any reason?

I figured armor and swampy were defensive bonuses, but its happened probly 10 times now and each time the numbers are all consistent.

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I've only done a few gauntlet loops recently, so I'm not sure if maybe Dark Fathers are some special circumstance (doubtful), but I can say for sure that I've not seen this effect in other scenarios.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have never noticed this before. It does sound inconsistent with everything I've read or experienced over the years. I will keep my eye on this.

4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

so maybe someone can lay out officially what a swampy does for a sampire...armored and un armored...I would appreciate it

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

A swampy with a barging deed will absorb damage so you don't take as much.

6. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I watched this last night while finishing a Cora and noticed the same result. I shall watch tonight to see if the same goes again and report if I can.

7. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

A swampy is a mount and adds to your movement speed. Without barding, it provides no other benefit. With a normal barding, it provides a 10% reduction in damage taken. With an exceptional barding it takes a 20% reduction in damage taken. The Paraoxymous dragon gives a 12% reduction in damage taken and cannot wear a barding.

8. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

Seems that Damage Eater eat damage you do instead of damage you take. 192 - 168 = 40. If 192 dmg is 100% then 40dmg is 20% which is the same ammount that exceptional barding have. lol

9. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I did some experimentation last night. I was killing dragons/greaters in Destard. Doing exactly the damage my math says I should. Then my armor broke and I continued to do the same amount of damage. So I swapped weapons(well, same weapon type, just a air slayer instead of dragon slayer) and headed into shame to whack some UEVs - didn't bother with new armor, and same damage.

10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I thought a swampy without barding absorbed like 7% damage?

11. Obsidian

I've never heard that. Got a source? If it is true that would be cool.

12. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Simple enough to test with a buddy who is willing to take a couple swings at you...