1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Swapping houses/accounts...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Schuyler Bain, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello - I think I have this right after reading through the FAQ and some other posts, but I want to be sure.

Current:
    Account A owns house 1 on Shard X
    Account B owns nothing

Would like:
    Account A to own a new house 2 on Shard Y
    Account B take ownership of house 1 on shard X

Is it best to place the new house 2 on Shard Y and condemn house 1 on shard X? Then transfer house 1 to account B?

Or should I transfer house 1 to account B and then place new house 2 on shard Y with account A?

Clear as mud, no?

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

For the purposes of having homes correctly juggled it does not matter too much. However take into account that when you condemn a home you only have a few days to transfer it, and if any unforseen internet or real life issues arise you can lose that house.

I'd transfer to account B then place on account A. The house timer only affects if you accept a house, not if you give one away. So you'll be clear to place after you transfer the house over.

3. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Perfect - thank you!