1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

swing speed increase.....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by athlon, Jul 1, 2008.

1. athlon

athlon Guest

anyone have the formula for SSI in ticks? And do you round up or down when your tick is between 0 - .25 - .5 - 1?

I am 'guessing' the formula would be:

Attacking speed in seconds = roundup/rounddown(Weopon Speed in ticks - ((Weopon Speed in ticks * SSI percent) + (Stamina/120)))

So if i have an ornate axe with 25% SSI and i have 155 stamina, i *think* my swing speed every second would be:

x = round(3.5 - ((3.5 * .25) + (155/120)))
    x = round(3.5 -(.875) + (1.29))
    x = round(3.5 - 2.165)
    x = round(1.335)

so rounding it down, i would swing it once every 1.25 seconds. rounding up, i would swing once every 1.5 seconds.

So my questions are, is the formula correct, and what way does Ultima round it?

Thanks!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

From the Weapons page of the Playguide:

3. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The correct formulas (if you can find them) should show you that you need 55+ ssi and well over 180 stamina, and chain divine fury in order to maintain 1.25 with an ornate.

Your formula is far too optimistic, I'm afraid.

Edit, I see Jeremy beat me to the punch. Great, there you go.

4. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

oh great she comes in with an easy cut an paste answer and NO ANSWER FOR STRANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

5. athlon

athlon Guest

Using that formula and my paramaters i came up with 1.8

Do i round down to 1.75, or up to 2?

Thank you for the formula by the way!

6. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Round up, your stamina will drop when you take a hit.

7. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

? The math and examples seem very straightforward to me.

Oh, you meant something about the current event, gotcha.

8. athlon

athlon Guest

Im thinking you round the 1.8 down to 1.75 and not up to 2.0 - but i dont know the exact code UO uses. That is the only question remaining.

Here is the formula in excel if anyone wants to play with the numbers/paramaters:

cell J3 = swing speed of wep
    cell K3 = swing speed increase as whole number
    cell L3 = Stamina
    cell M3 = the formula below

=+(((J3*4) - ROUNDDOWN(L3/30,0)) * 100/(100+K3))/4

Just need to know how to round the result of the formula, and we are all set.

9. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe, but there is no point to just meeting a minimum threshold, it must be comfortably and consistently exceeded in order to maintain the target speed.

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

11. Unless stated otherwise, truncate (round down) and numbers from formulas. In your case 1.75 is your answer.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

T'Amon is correct - in every case I've seen in the code, the number is truncated.

13. linko50

linko50 Guest

maybe i am ********, but wtf is a "tick"?

14. Approximately .25 seconds. Look at the original quoted formula from Jeremy. It explains in the first step what ticks are and the derivation of them.

15. Mythic

Mythic Guest

Lets see if Im doing this right then. Use Bow as example 4.25 secounds or 17 ticks minus 5 at 150 stamina multiplied by 100/140(40 SSI) is 12x.71= 8.52 ticks (8?) so Im swingin at 2 secounds right? Now I must be doing something wrong becuzz the calculator provided says Im swinging at 2.25 secounds

16. Jeremys formulas (regular text) and your numbers (bold)
    1. Take the speed in seconds and multiply it by 4 to get the speed in "ticks."
    Speed Ticks = 4.25 * 4 = 17

2. Stamina Ticks as (Current Stamina / 30, rounded down.)
    Stam Ticks = 150 / 30 = 5

3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase item property modifier. Example: 20.

Apply those results to the following:
    a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
    Hit Start = ((17 - 5) * (100 / (100 + 40)))
    Hit Start = (( 12 ) * ( .714 ))
    Hit Start = 12 * .714 = 8.58 Ticks
    Hit Start = int( 8.58) / 4 = 8/4 = 2

Yup ... I get 2 seconds as well. :thumbup: If the calculator you reference is the one in the post lower down, I get 2.25 s well.

I'm compiling formulae for posting in Players corner so I'll note this one and see if I find something different as I rummage thru stuff. Far as I know though, this one is gospel.

17. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

MAth is cool. Awesome. Copernicus.

Dermott can you make a swing speed calculator icon in KR? Like how the weight is updated and hitpoints are updated... can something like that be created as a KR hotbar item?

18. Mythic

Mythic Guest

Thanks T'Amon, thats the way ive been figuring my swing speed since the information was provided.

19. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So 8.58 gets "truncated" to 8 in this calculation? That's quite a truncation and not a true rounding. This is so dang confusing. Now the damage calculator that I referenced is off?