1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Switched Drives - Do I have to reinstall?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Malee, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My computer had a virus and my husband switched hard drives - we have two installed into the computer. (He's the computer guy - I just play Uo.) I can still find TV shows I downloaded and can watch them so all info is still on old drive and retrievable.

Do I have to reinstall UO or can I get to it from the old drive? (Husband is sleeping and I'd hate to have to wake him up but I need my UO fix! :p)

Thanks!

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Redownload until you are sure that UO does not have a virus on the old drive.

3. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"Redownload until you are sure that UO does not have a virus on the old drive."

The virus is definitely gone. Husband spent all last night making sure.

"You can just copy/paste your old installation over and it will be fine."

I tried it but computer wouldn't let me. I give for the night. Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow.

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If he restored a backup to this new drive you should be fine.

If he reinstalled the OS then you'll also have to reinstall all your programs. You should still be able to recover your data unless you're unsure it's infected or not.