1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Switching Bard Masteries

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Katrena, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi, I'm having a problem switching between the masteries. I did the quest for Peace when I reached 90 and everything worked fine. I now have Disco and Provo at 90, and I noticed that I get the context menu to switch masteries without doing the other two quests.

My problem is that after I switch masteries, the context menu does not always show the choices to switch again. Sometimes I do not get any context menu, other times I get a menu to switch resists, and somtimes I get the full menu. It seems like there is a sequence, timer, or method of being able to switch that I am not aware of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Katrena

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you might try doing the other quests? if you could show a screen shot of the menus that may also help. you should just be able to right click the book and switch as long as you have over 90 and done the quests in all the mastery's

3. Katrena

Katrena Sage

I just completed the other two quests and it did not make any difference. Actually, the two books I received for the quests do not show any context menu. My original book let me switch from Provo to Discord, then it only showed the four resists that I could select. It did not give me the option to switch back to Peace or Provo. There has to be a simple thing that I am missing in all of this.

Thanks, Katrena

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

how soon after you switched are you trying to switch again? There is a timer, though I don't remember how long it is. You only need one book in your pack.
    The elemental damage is for discord, you can chose which of your target's resists you will target.

#4 Petra Fyde, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

check all books I remember a while back i had a similar problem and it had to do with multiple books ...you only need 1

6. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

2 things.
    1) there is a timer on how often you can switch between masteries, and switching between them is the same as using a soulstone, you cant be battle flagged, crim flagged and all that jazz.
    2) you have to 'activate' you book.
    to do this just cast one of the bard mastery spells.
    so lets say you have a the disco mastery and your book is showing nothing.
    simply cast one of the disco mastery spells (and target yourself just to make it simple) then turn it off again.
    then look at your book and the gump should show up.

those would be my first 2 suggestions.
    make sure youve waited the proper time, make sure your not flagged and make sure your book is activated.

kRUXCg7 and Storm like this.
  7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I had forgotten about that.

8. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

I just noticed this the other day, thanks for clearing up my confusion.

9. Roadrunner67

Roadrunner67 Visitor

The timer to switch masteries is 10 minutes.

What i'd like to know, the discordance 'elemental' damage options, do we have to equip the mastery book in order for that to take affect or simply selecting it and having the book in our backpack is sufficient?

10. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

No need to equip the book.

kRUXCg7 likes this.