1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Swoop Special Armor?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by jegilber, Dec 21, 2008.

1. jegilber

jegilber Guest

Question about Swoop loot and I figured, who better to ask than the Tamers?

I have killed about 500 Swoops this week. I received 2 Minor Arties, and 3 pieces of named armor.

The peices are all "Death Essence" (aka Necro armor)

My question is, does Swoop drop any other named armor besides the Necro Armor?

Thanks in Advance for the info.
  2. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    They will drop any of the named armor pieces, though only certain ones of each. It seems the "rarest" pieces of each set only come off the Peerless/Champ bosses. I've gotten Deaths Essence, Assassin, Myrmidon, and one other off of Swoops.
  3. ColonelKurtz

ColonelKurtz Guest

I hope that this isn't a dumb question, but what method did you use for killing the 500+ Swoops?

Did you just use a cu? or some sort of thunder and lighting combo like Rune Beetle and Nightmare?

Just curious.
  4. Rune beetle is one of the best pets in the game for end game monsters.

They dont do well against thigns that hit hard, but they can tank swoops easy.

Bascally, if something has 60+ resists, and you hit with armor corrupt, suddenty everyone is doing X3 damage.

Actualy, the fastest way to kill swoops, or any high hp monster, is with 2 tamer, one with rune beetle, and a 2 slot pet, and one with any high damage pet.

I know what your thinking... yea duh tamers kills anything twice as fast as 1. well, because of armor corrupt, 2 tamers will actually kill things 3-5 times faster, think greater dragon or 5 frenzieds vs. 0 resists =p, so overall, you will kill way more swoops each than you would solo.
  5. jegilber

jegilber Guest

I kill Swoops with the following combos, I rotate them:

Rune Beatle - Mare
    Dread Horse - Mare
    Greater Drag

I have 120 Disco, so I can drop a Swoop with any of the above in 8-15 seconds depending on strength of Swoopt that spawns.