1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Swordsmanship slayer weapon imbue

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lord Chaos, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone have good suggestions on a good imbue combo for swordsmanship slayer weapons?

I was thinking of

Slayer
    DI
    SSI
    Hit Leech Stamina
    Hit Leech Mana

Can't really fit more than that on it, can you? (max 5 properties?)

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes, 5 is the max and those are usually the properties I imbue.

3. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Depending on how you look at the question more properties can be added. If you think about wood types you can add HCI, HPR, HLL, SSI, DI, Luck after imbuing 5 properties. There are some ML magic weapons that if made with a runic or material can add additional properties.

I made a non-exceptional Daisho for attempting to solo a greater dragon for training. BTW...I haven't won yet in swords, but easy on an archer. For other dragons except the greater dragon this weapon works well.

HLD 34%
    HLA 34%
    HML 44%
    HSL 44%
    Reptile Slayer

weight is 450.

-Lorax

p.s.
    My suit is already 100% DI and I have 10% SSI from ring and cloak, also, 182 stamina in suit.

My choice for the 34% was for three hits to make the HLD and HLA sticky. You could lower them to 26% (four hits) and raise HML and HSL if desired.

4. If you were really using this just to kill Dragons then wouldn't Dragon slayer would be a better weapon?

5. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

I don't remember. I'm planning on making one of each super slayer for my war chest though so it was one in my plan.

Do you remember what the damage difference was for a super slayer compared to the specific slayer type?

-Lorax

6. Triple damage for the specific slayer and double damage for the super slayer

7. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Thanks, Dang now I need to mine to get enough gold and shadow ingots to do more bods and get more POF's.

-Lorax

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

For dragons, I just use the Dragon's end dungeon arty drop.

It's 100% cold damage (no need to cast Consecrate), and has the option of Armor Ignore, if needed. You usually don't fight normal dragons in groups big enough where the swing speed becomes a factor, and against greaters and wyrms, you really need to hit once, run, then come back in, instead of sitting there.

Now, for other creature types, or fighting dragons with other weapon skills, there's where a crafted slayer is really useful.