1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

System Beep Help!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jtw1984, May 20, 2009.

1. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm trying to setup my mage macros. I notice everytime I hit alt+w or certain alt+ keys I get this annoying system beep.

When I minimize Ultima and switch to lets say Firefox, and hit these same buttons I get no beep.

This beep only occurs while playing Ultima. The macro still works, and I run Windows Vista 64x Premium Home Edition.

Is there anything I can do to cause these beeps to stop?

2. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

By the way, I changed the default system beep to none, so the beeps are gone. I would just like to know what causes this. I've deleted all UO macros built into the system.

3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You had 2 macro's set the same, possibly in UO Macros or one in UOA & one in UO Macro's. Any time you get a beep, it means another macro is set with those same keys.

4. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah thats strange because I deleted all the UO macros and the beeping is still happening. I don't know whats up. I guess I need to look closer at my macros. Thanks!

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do you have UOA ? If so, there are predefined ones there also under the Keys tab. If not you have me :blushing:. I know on my son's computer, (he runs Vista) it's the only time it beeps is if 2 are the same. Let me know & Good Luck :thumbsup: