1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

System Requirements for SA

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Baskum, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Baskum

Baskum Guest

What exactly are the minimum requirements for the SA Enhanced client? I don't recall seeing anything posted here or elsewhere.

I am asking this since I am having the same issues I had with the KR client. Memory issues are still a problem w/ the new client. It seems if I get anywhere with multiple buildings / lots of creatures I start to get bogged down instantly.

I use the Intel Extreme Graphics chipset 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller. There were threads about this in UHALL back when KR was in beta. I have 1 GB of Ram and 64 MB display shared memory. Because of these limitations I totally deleted the KR Client off of my harddrive.

I downloaded the Enhanced SA Client since the devs indicated they were focusing on toning things down for players w/ older systems. Well let's just say SA Enhanced is doing many of the same things as the KR client.

* When typing messages the text starts coming out on a delayed basis (VERY ANNOYING)

* Walking around in areas w/ any type of buildings slows my system to a crawl and my available memory goes from 600MB to 200MB in a flash.

I am looking for help. Are there any others out there who are having better luck w/ this chipset? Any settings suggestions that might make things better?

Would a DEV please address this personally? I have sent feedback and I guess it just got shuffled under a rug. (prob under the same rug they placed my negative feedback from the anti-climatic ending to the Shadowlord event on Great Lakes)

2. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Amazing, no one here in this forum can help me?

Ok I guess I'll mosey on over to the tech forum and see if I can find something there.
  3. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

1GB of RAM is probably not good enough. By the time SA gets going I end up using 550MB just for UO. On top of all of the other processes I'm sure you will want more RAM. A dedicated graphics card would really help too. As for specific requirements, idk sry.
  4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    System Requirements for UO http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=283
    Looks like you are below specs and this is from your graphics card
    Compatible with DirectX* 9.0, 8.x, and 7.x
    Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported

There is a diff. between 9.0 and 9.0c

Your graphics card can not hold that much info, so it swaps it out to your memory.

New Video card and more memory if your system can take it.
  5. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Well that does it then. Time to give my harddrive some breathing room. The enhanced client is making an exit like its predecessor Kingdom Reborn.

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumbup: