1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

System restore. now won't Patch.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hobo Sapien, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I restored back about 1 month. Now stuck on version 6.0.13.1 won't patch me to 14. I checked patch folder its empty. Any Ideas hopefully, not the dreaded uninstall..................

2. I'm believing you broke something in your Windows Registry... only thing that I can think of is the dreaded answer.

3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Look in your main UO install folder for a file named "patchlog", delete it and try again.

4. Ya... try that first. But if he did a recovery, there shouldn't be anything in the patchlog directory anyway.

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I wasn't referring to the patch folder/directory which he already said was empty, but rather the patchlog file. That file contains all the patch data and will probably predate his recovery.

6. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is Hobo's Son, Just tried Deleting the patchlog file, No go.. for some reason, running UO recreates the file, and it still fails to patch.. I've tried pulling a Patchlog file from a Old Version we have on a diff PC, and it just creates a second patchlog file anyway.. Went thru the Registry with "Regedit" couldnt even find a UO directory in there that had any values to edit or change.. Anyone got any last ideas before i do a reinstall.. any place i can get a stand-alone patch for this version

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

If you don't see any reference to Ultima in the registry then you're stuck with a reinstall.

8. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

I had problems with patch and vister premiume. The way I got round it was rgiht click UO desktop icon, select properties and tick run as win XP. Then gave it admininstration rights. Not sure is this will help. Good luck.