1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Systran Nostalgia

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was looking through my old pics (to which, one day I want to start a thread for - pre-AOS screenshots of GMs, incidents, strange and wonderful things) and I came across one of a systran translation for "hello" (I think)

Also you'd get the >?> around some words. Rear, emergency, postal code, all incorrect translations that would make me laf.

So what other words can people remember and does anyone else have pictures of them?

[​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, I can't comply with that picture request right now, I'm just wayyyy too busy...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I turned systran off after I kept getting accused of ignoring people. I found the darn thing blocked normal English conversation so I didn't know anyone had spoken to me.

4. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I most likely have many more screenshots somewhere. I miss the old systran days!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

>?>turn >?>systran >?>off

ton ))

Oh lord look at it, old WBB! Full of people with default coloured stuff, black dyed clothes, actual mounts and regular hair colours!

Oh oh, someone wants an ostard there, remember when they were actually quite popular? Especially dark blue FRENZIED ones!

And I miss bulletin boards at WBB!

How about cutting up bandages individually.. hmm how about the old crafting menus (before the semi-transparent looking ones) similar to the tracking menu?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

How about cutting up bandages individually.. hmm how about the old crafting menus (before the semi-transparent looking ones) similar to the tracking menu?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sweet jesus, I blocked that from my memory. I usually ended up macroing it. It was just too mind numbing to cut bandage after bandage!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

hmm how about the old crafting menus (before the semi-transparent looking ones) similar to the tracking menu?

[/ QUOTE ]I remember the tracking and crafting menus being the same; some horizontally scrolling thing...

Both crafting and tracking have the new menus now, though. As far as I know, nothing uses the old style any more...

Found a screenshot of the old menu.
    [​IMG]
    A bit different to how I remember it, but I could be remembering a little wrongly on the design. The functionality is the same, at least.

8. tracking looks the same as it used to..shows a picture of what you want to track, then goes to a set of pictures of what you can see...all pictures

9. themaster879

themaster879 Guest

wow look at that old school spam :p are you in a party with a GM?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

tracking looks the same as it used to..shows a picture of what you want to track, then goes to a set of pictures of what you can see...all pictures

[/ QUOTE ]The pictures are still there, but the interface is different.