1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

T-Maps changes : Imbuing ingreds yes but peerless ingreds no ??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Jul 22, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

????????????????????????

Why yes to imbuing ingredients but no word about peerless ingredients ?
    Or there will also be peerless ingredients but the info was missed out in the patch notes for some reason ?

Also, what exactly means added "some" ingredients ?

The most common ? The average common ? The less common ingredients ?

Does it depend on the level of the chest with lower levels only having a chance to carry most common ingredients and the higher level chest c arrying the less common (rarest) ingredients ? To my opinion this would be a good design change BUT, high level chests should only carry a chance to have rarest ingredients and NOT also most common ingredients. It can suck to work a high level chest only to then get some magical residue.........

Still, I am seriously concerned about the lack of words about Peerless ingredients.

I hope these will also have a chance to pop up in treasure chests.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is probably where the whole testing comes in so you know what to complain about beforehand.

Although I could understand peerless ingredients staying on the peerless, hence the term peerless.

3. Babble

Babble Guest

Hmm, maybe just trust the designers to know what they are doing?
    I at least hope so, but I would not put too much hope in the 'only good loot in the highlevel chest' suggestion.

4. popps

popps Always Present

Well, apparently the news are not good.

Someone did a test over 25 level 6 Maps and while most had imbuing ingredients, apparently none of them had Peerless ingredients.

This is really upsetting.

I hope that the Devs make further adjustments before public release and include Peerless ingredients along with the imbuing ones.

As in regards the 'only good loot in the highlevel chest', my concern is that since drop rate is usually influenced by the drop weight added to a given item, with common ones getting a higher drop rate than rarer ones, if high level chests are reserved a slot for ingredients then most of the time, even for higher chests (more work to finish...), most of the time the ingredients that will spawn (take the allocated slot) in treasure chests, will be the most common ingredients leaving the rarest ones such a blue moon drop that players will just have better chances getting them through regular hunting.

Bottom line is, if treasure hunting ingredients spawn all will be (or widely will be) stuff like magical residue or other low end ingredients, why bother ?

5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It would be nice, but I for one don't really care. Most of the peerless crafted stuff is now pretty obsolete in the light of imbuing.

Too bad, but hardly something I would deem "really upsetting".

I for one will take an nice upgrade that may be imperfect over nothing at all. Asking "why bother" because one thing you want may have been left out is kinda tossing the baby out with the bath water.

p.s. level 6 maps are by FAR the easiest to get your hands on, so I wouldn't worry about the lack of access to high level chests.

6. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage

So far the loot for ingr. has been nothing that i cant get easyer in SA.
    The gold has been uped big time...10K from lvl 2 and 15K from a 3 is wild..

did get a recepi for scraper from the lvl 3..
    rest was junk..
    I do love the you can not pick this chest till mob is dead...
    So there wont be all these ancient wyrms running around now.. Good job there devs.

Can you change the pin look to maybe a X....or a dig here you ediot sign..for me in any casse..im having trouble finding were it is to dig for some reason..

Are all the spots going to be random all the time?

please do not give yourselfs a hard time changing old maps after 30 days...just leave them ..

Anyone else notice the mobs are doing more damage to ev,s now??

7. popps

popps Always Present

There is still ML craftables which players might be interested in crafting, like Scrapper's for example........

But that is not either the point, the main argument here is that either Peerless ingredients make it into this time change of treasure hunting or chances are that they won't for who knows how many years.

Once an aspect of the game is revamped, unless some major flaws, usually it is years and years before it is again looked at.

If Peerless ingredients are not added to Treasure Chests this round, i doubt they will ever be added for who knows how many more years.

This is why it upsets me quite some, because it fades my hope away of seeing Peerless ingredients be obtainable through Treasure chests.

There is far many more imbuing ingredients than there are Peerless ingredients.

So, I would imagine, coding wise it would take less time to add Peerless ingredients than imbuing ingredients.

As it has already been noted, there already is a number of ways to obtain imbuing ingredients but this is not the same for Peerless ingredients.

So, Peerless ingredients were a MUCH more fit candidate to be added as loot to Treasure Chests than imbuing ingredients.

Easier to be coded in (lower number and less work needed to do it), and more needed to be added since no alternate ways is available.

Yet, we see imbuing ingredients added but not Peerless ingredients ?

I really, but really do not get it.

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Hmm, I like to keep the wyrms from the first dig for killing later spawn on the same chest.. and clean up the remainder with energy vorteces. I hope the barding changes help.

9. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Peerless ingredients are from peerless monsters. No reason to change it. If you want the ingredients, kill the bosses. If you want imbuing reagents, kill what drops them/t-maps now...

You complain more about this game then any other person I've ever seen...

10. popps

popps Always Present

I fail to see the underlying logic here.

Imbuing ingredients ALSO drop off monsters. Not only, they drop in a variety of ways providing to players alternate sources for them.

And, now, they are made a drop also in Treasure Chests.

Now, why would Peerless ingredients instead not be able to also have an alternate drop source from Treasure Chests ?

Imbuing is far more usefull than Peerless crafting and as others have pointed out, many Peerless craftables have been made obsolete by imbuing.

So, why on earth should Peerless ingredients be only limited to Peerless bosses when imbuing ingredients can be obtained by a variety of sources and also will now be a drop in Treasure Chests ?

I am sorry, but Peerless ingredients were ALSO, and perhaps with a higher priority as compared to imbuinig ingredients, in the need to be added as drops in Treasure chests.

I still hope the Developers will make adjustments and will include Peerless ingredients (all of them) as drops in treasure chests before the patch is published.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

While it would be nice for another way to get Peerless Ingredients, they don't call them Peerless Ingredients for nothing. While we're at it, how about Crimson Cinctures and Crystalline Rings get added to treasure chests too rolleyes:.

12. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I agree that Peerless ingrediants should stay on Peerless bosses rather than in treasure chests.

13. Deb

Deb Guest

@ Popps
    Do you even have a T-Hunter?

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

While the 'lard of Paroxysmus' wouldn't be appropriate from the chest, IMO, there's no reason we shouldn't see scourge, taint, etc.

15. popps

popps Always Present

Since Cartography was released to UO.

I was one of the very first treasure hunters of my shard.

16. popps

popps Always Present

It is just a name tag besides, probably it was given to them by players in order to more clearly define them over other types of ingredients.

Rather than calling them such and such they were defined "peerless" just for conveniency.

That does not make it so that for the rest of the life that UO will live those ingredients are bound to spawn only off of Peerless..........

This is a hell of a good chance to offer to players a much wanted alternate source for peerless ingredients, from treasure chests : why miss it ??

17. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't see why they shouldn't put Peerless ingredients in treasure chests.

18. popps

popps Always Present

Imbuing is way more usefull and powerfull than ML crafting (most ML craftables have been made obsolete by game changes) and imbuing ingredients besides a variety of other drop sources can now also spawn on Treasure chests but peerless ingredients should not ?

I do not understand it.

19. popps

popps Always Present

Why wouldn't it be if I may ask ?

What is a treasure after all ?

Ain't it something valuable to someone who hid it to keep it safe from others ?

So, I see it perfectly reasonable and actually sound from a roleplaying point of view to see any and all Peerless ingredients, included the 'lard of Paroxysmus', into Treasure Chests.

Think of it as stuff that once belonged to someone who hid it away in a chest only for players to later find them digging up the chest.

Perfectly reasonable, logical and fulfilling roleplaying, IMHO.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

What I want to know is:

Has the loot been updated to include Elven, Gargoyle and Human items, or is it still all human?

Do the Tokuno maps have the Samurai/Ninja Gear?

Is it more based on where the map is or is the loot totally random?

It sounds like the monsters are more geared to where the map is but is the loot as well?

21. Babble

Babble Guest

From a developer standpoint I don't think they should include peerless ingredients to Treasurechests.
    They have areas designed with lots of special content which would get partly obsolete if you include the ingredients in chests.

like many other games you need to jump through the hoops for the reward.
    :p

22. popps

popps Always Present

Not at all.

Peerless ingredients are more like a bonus for fighting Peerless bosses.
    The real reasons for fighting them is the artifacts and wanted deco items or mounts they give.

Adding Peerless ingredients to treasure chests would in no way or not much at all anyways impact Peerless bosses hunting, IMHO.

They drop far more (and better) things than ingredients.......

23. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I'd like to see Peerless ingredients on the top chests along with the imbuing high end items too. Say lvl 5-6 maps. On many shards I play no one does peerless that much anymore. Taint is so hard to find and use in almost every recipy, and because they hunt these so rarely the price for 10 taint is over a mill. The items I could make I couldnt recoup the cost of purchase of it.
    I do hope they did include them in this change.

24. popps

popps Always Present

Yes, most indeed.
    There is a whole lot of good reasons for having also Peerless ingredients added to Treasure Chests' loot...

And so do I, let's hope the Developers will make this good addition before the publish is released to all servers.

25. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In fact, since Peerless have been around about 7-8 times longer than the SA creatures, it would be infinitely more logical to have the standard (non-boss-specific) peerless-style ingredients from T-maps than ANY of the SA ingredients (as they've not really had much chance to be buried in the chests, using a character-centric in-game logic path).

Besides, the numerous event creatures that had the ingredients (Melissa, Crimson Dragons, EM-event spawn) destroys the logic that these are "Peerless-only" ingredients.

I agree with popps - maybe the actual boss-specific stuff should be much rarer from chests (rarer than the fragile item drops), but the mainstay ML ingredients should be in the chests on a regular bases, many times more common than all the SA stuff combined.

And, in this case, I AM speaking as both a THB shard Guildmaster AND as Moderator of the Craftsman forum, as an advocate for both T-Hunters and Crafters.

26. popps

popps Always Present

The way I see it, is that Treasure Chests after all are someone else's treasure hidden away long away to keep it safe.

This said, it makes all sense in the world to see also stuff like ML boss-specific ingredients which were put there by the chest owner ages back to keep it safe.

Then, eventually, someone else comes (the player...), finds a map hinting to the treasure location, digs it up, fights the defending guardians and wow, finds whatever was put away by the original owner, ML boss-specific ingredients included......

It makes all sense to me, fits the roleplaying scenario and helps in many situations like Lady Storm described, for example.

27. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

This is what I just was going to say. A T-chest should be able to hold anything that the one who hide the chest considered his treasure. If that person used to hunt peerless bosses or gater recources or kill SA monsters ..thats what his treasue is!

28. popps

popps Always Present

Exactly.

That is the beauty of treasure chests, the ability to use them, perfectly within the roleplaying guidelines, as an alternate source for items, whenever needed.

And for Peerless (or ML if one prefers...) ingredients, there does is such need for an alternate source. Included the boss-specific ML ingredients.

With less players playing the game and with new Events coming up and Stygian Abyss occupying much of the players time it has become incresingly hard to find fellow players interested in hunting parties for Peerless.

It has become increasingly hard for crafters to be able to gather ML ingredients and not worth buying them because often their price exceeds what the crafted item worth might be.

Result ? ML ingredients and their crafted wares become unused and another wasted feature of the game.

Instead, by adding them as loot, all of them, included the boss-specific ones, to Treasure Chests, this might create that much needed alternate source to keep ML crafting possible.

Let's hope the Developers will listen on this.

29. popps

popps Always Present

More than that.......

Besides the fact that I either do not see why they shouldn't add them, on top of that, I do see -as well as several others-, why they should actually add ML ingredients as drops in Treasure chests.....

Though, I have yet to read a post about anything that so far was commented by players on a number of issues with the changes to Treasure Chests.

It would be nice to hear from them and see what players' suggestions/complaints they are willing to listen to and modify....