1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tablesetting, for Beginners

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Brytt, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Brytt

Brytt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Alright, so I'm back to UO after a long break, trying to remember how to decorate and looking for help with "tablesetting" in 2d.

Specifically, what tricks do folks use to arrange item placement within a single tile? Or, at least the appearance?

To use a really simple example, if you set a goblet down on a table, lock it down, and set another goblet on the same tile, it will stack them vertically. Obviously, I could set the goblet on a nearby tile and raise it to give the illusion of being on the same tile, but are there other tricks?

I've read some old articles referring to the ol' fish steak/death robe thing, but I don't know how these tricks works. Is it possible, by stacking items that you later remove or decay, that you can "nudge" an item left or right of its default position within a single tile beyond what you can do with the decorator?

In that example, would there be something I could stack on top of goblet one to shift goblet two to a position slightly off-set from its default? If so, what items are commonly used?

Thanks!

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There's currently no way to shift items left or right, they can only go up and down using the dec tool or other methods. Fishsteaks and bandages are what people used before they put the dec tool ingame. =)

3. Brytt

Brytt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Great, thanks--good to know I'm not missing anything easy and sneaky like that. Gonna try my first spiral staircase tonight.

4. Mezzac

Mezzac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I always found death robes a great way to help with placement when decorating, many because they decayed in less than a minute so you could check the affect faster. Many a time I would stand next to a healer with a nasty critter about collecting them :)

Thanks Mezzac