1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tactics or Anat?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Smurcoch, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Smurcoch

Smurcoch Guest

Hey All,

I am mimicing some of your templates.

I mainly want to kill pvm creatures. I will not do champ spawns, but instead Doom, and the new creatures with my Sampire...

I have for skills.....

120 resist
    120 swords
    120 bushido
    75 chiv
    100 necro

now, with my remaining 185 skills, is it better to do:

120 Tactics
    65 Anat

120 tactics
    65 parry or focus

or 85 Tactics
    100 anat

Please let me know what you think as soon as possible, as I am currently working swords, and they grow all together....

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would say 65 parry.. just my opinion though.

120 bush + 60 parry = 20% parry chance.

3. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

GM tactics and 85 parry. Try to put 15 parry on a jewel if you can, since you get a parry bonus @ GM. Same with tactics I think, bonus @ GM.

4. CannabisKing

CannabisKing Guest

Link is right as far as the parrying chance goes but try this on.

120 Swords
    120 Bush
    120 Resist
    100 Necro
    100 Tact (small bonus for damage)
    100 parry (dont quote me but, I thinks this is close to 30%)
    60 chiv (it's all ya really need)

5. Parry is a waste of points, especially when you're only talking about a 20 point difference between 65 & 85, compared to 20% higher base damage from 120 Tactics.

Personally, I'd drop Resist to GM and add GM Anatomy with GM Tactics. This would greatly increase the base damage, and thus overall damage. GM Resist is just fine for PvM purposes.

6. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with this, GM resist is enough for pvm.

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I run 110 resist on my guy with 65 parry( I believe its around there) I find the parry is super handy for evasion which i use all the time for champing but since you are not doing that I'm not sure if its overly important.

Myself, I'd do the parry for evasion and extra defence as you never know what doom and the spawn might throw at ya.

8. Smurcoch

Smurcoch Guest

I was hoping you all would agree on something so I could get the char done. I had 6 responses and pretty much each is different...

I am thinking GM resist, GM tactics and GM anat might be the best...

I plan on swinging those long swords, schimitar's or something.

9. [JD]

[JD] Guest

toss out any template with 85 tactics. without 90, you cant use your weapon's 2nd special. no whirlwind with double axe, for example. tactics must actually be trained to 90.

i bought a 5ssi ring with +15 tactics, thinkin i'd be able to train tac to 85 and use the ring to gm. i get the gm damage bonus, but then i cant use my 2nd specials. so i pumped tac to 90, but now its weird in my config, i have 105 tac. i'd have been better off with +15 chiv on that ring. oh well

10. Smurcoch

Smurcoch Guest

ok, my final template to go test will be....

120 bushido
    120 swords
    110 tactics
    100 necro
    100 resist
    100 anat
    70 chiv

11. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

120 weapon skill + 120 Bushido + 60 Parry gives you 300 skill points and the 10 mana reduction for weapons specials. If you are running 40 LMC and want to chain AI, this bonus helps a fair bit. Something to consider.

-OBSIDIAN-

12. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Very much needed!!!