1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Tailoring and Dexterity

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by SashaSeeks, May 27, 2010.

1. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Does dexterity and intelligence have an effect on tailoring?? While looking under the chart for stat gains, I see that Dex is listed as primary stat and intel listed as secondary stat for tailoring...

Do these refer only to what stat you may gain while tailoring or will they actually make a difference in the outcome of the pieces you actually tailor.

I've looked and searched and nowhere do I see dex or intel mentioned for the tailoring skill or outcome. Are there recommended stat settings for best results? I have always just kept strength maxed, dex high and intel lagging with whatever stat points were left over, as my tailor also has blacksmithy and mining.

Would there be any benefit to using a stat scroll, other than for the purpose of adding more strength for more carrying capacity?

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Tailoring will allow you to gain in DEX and INT. I'm guessing you are looking at this chart: Stat and Skill Management. If so, it lists the stats that can be gained from using that skill. Stats do not effect the outcome of any skill.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

That chart just shows that you will need to work multiple skills to gain stats, and what skills to work to get the stats. I forgot to add this above.

Stayin Alive,

BG

4. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I was referring to a chart like the one you linked. It makes sense now that I think of it in the way that a stat does not effect the actual skill.

The reason I got curious was basically because Dexterity will play a role in a warrior skill. Not necessarily by increasing the skill but by route of increasing the swingspeed which ultimately helps the warrior. Which lead me to wondering if stats played an actual role in crafting....

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I set my crafter to 125 str, 90 int, and the rest dex. more hp and carrying capacity with enough mana to get around