1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Tailsman

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by catship, Apr 20, 2010.

1. catship

catship Guest

are they still working
    i put one on my smith and got no skill gain off it ??
  2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

talisman's increase success chance and/or exceptional chance, they dont actually increase skill though
  3. catship

catship Guest

yes, but you can see your chance to make go up, mine didn't move
  4. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 1, 2006
    You have refresh the tool by reclicking it.

5. catship

catship Guest

i did that
  6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Your base chance to make a blacksmithing item is 0.2% per 0.1 skill beyond the point where it claims you can start making them.

Your chance to make an item exceptional, for skill under 95, is chance to make normally -60% (without a talisman, but does include ASH).
    At 100+ the exceptional chance is normal chance - 45%.
    Between 95 & 100, as an artifact of the pre-powerscroll system, the exceptional chance gets an additional +0.3% per 0.1 skill gained between the two points (creating the difference between the under 95 and over 100 amounts).

Adding a talisman:

A Talisman WILL NOT give you a chance to make something normally, if your unmodified normal chance is 0%

A Talisman's normal Crafting Bonus DOES NOT MODIFY the Exceptional chance.

A Talisman's Exceptional Bonus does add to the number for the exceptional bonus, even if the exceptional chance would normally be negative. As a result, at 55% normal chance (where you would be -5% chance of success), a talisman with an 18% exceptional bonus will give you a 13% chance to make exceptional.
  7. catship

catship Guest

i know all this, i put the tailsman on and my chance of success to make don't change
  8. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Are u using the correct talisman? for example: the carpentry one does not work for masonry(stone crafting), even though masonry is considered an off shoot of carpentry

if so, perhaps u could post ur skill level, tali type and chances , and what item u r trying to make(and chances to make).