1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

taking screen shots....problem

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mazamotuck, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

I used to use the PrintScreen button but for some reason is doesn't work anymore. I hit that button, go into paint and click paste but it has yet to work for me. Help! Thanks!

2. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I use Print Screen for screenshots, too. Try using Alt-PrintScreen and see if that works.

I am using a standard wireless keyboard and Windows XP.

Hope this helps! :)

3. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I seem to remember print-screen doesn't work when you're really low on RAM.

Are you using the same version of Windows as you usually do? (are you even still using Windows? ;))

4. Millie

Millie Guest

Use Print Scree Button,
    open Paint,
    Open Edit ,
    click on paste.

It should paste your print screen on it. I don't know why but I can not right click and paste my print screen on the page. I have to use the edit paste. Maybe it will help.

When I was pasting form Inside Uo . My paste would not work on the right click either. I had to open the edit.

5. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

UO Screenshot Utility works so much better. Just assign a key and it takes the pics and stores them where ever you want.

6. You could also try Ctl/v. That should paste it with fewer clicks.

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Did you put a macro on that key? Try using print screen when no programs are running, does it work then?

8. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Does this work with UOKR? And where does one get UO Screenshot Utility?

I am aware UOKR has it's own built in Screenshot feature but for some reason it's not working for me so if UO screenshot works with UOKR I'd be interested in checking it out.:)

9. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

I dont see why it wouldn't work but I dunno for sure. I downloaded it off of some french UO site by googling it the other day and it was clean of any bugs. There's no official download link for it any more though I may put one on my site in my sig. I'll let you know if I do.

10. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've had that problem a couple of times recently. I finally figured out it won't let me paste a screenshot (or maybe it won't even add it to my clipboard, not sure which) if I have a video player open. It might only do that when I am watching on demand netflix videos or maybe it does it when I have a dvd in the drive. I didn't check and I'm too lazy too right now. =p I was not trying to take a screenshot of the video, either. It was just a capture of something else on my computer. I suppose my system is trying to protect someone else's copyright.

Anyway, if you have a video player open you might try closing it and seeing if that helps.

BlissMarie