1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Taking Screenshots

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mazamotuck, Jan 31, 2009.

1. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

PrintScn Button doesn't work. Neither does Alt-PrintScn.....someone mentioned a app that does it for you. But download doesn't work. Anyone know of anything else or any other way to get the printscn button to work?

Thanks

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

You have to Paste what you Print Screen into Paint or another graphics program. Depending on your system and keyboard it may be Print Screen, Alt-Print Screen or Shift Print Screen.

Otherwise, look for a package called Ultima Online Screenshot Utility (UOSU) and install that (following the instructions in the package to take the images).

3. Hit PrintScreen, then open Paint and just click on Edit then Paste.

That's it.

No utility needed.

4. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

It doesnt work when in paint. It doesnt allow me to paste it. Theres no paste option.

5. Are you on a laptop or anything? It could be that your PrintScreen key is a secondary function of another key.

6. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Mazamotuck,

To add on to Dermott's post... UOSU was a great little utility. I say "was" because the official site for UOSU is no longer up. I did a search, but the few sites that are hosting it on their own are a little questionable... many of them are yellow and red flagged through McAfee's SiteAdvisor. Just removed UOSU from the UO Toolbar (dead domain and questionable 3rd party links).

Here are some others (listed in the UO Toolbar):

Here are some open source (aka free, from SourceForge) screen capture utilities (I'll be adding these to UOT later):

Hope those help.

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I have to admit, I miss the old UOSS utility...that was easy to use. Sure I still take screen shots, but as other have said, you have to copy and paste them into an image program (photoshop for me). The old utilities would allow me to keep hitting the print screen button, and then i could edit my shots at a later date without having to worry about missing a steal, or some snide comment made by a mark...la

8. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you have something stuck on your clipboard?

That's where the screenshot would be pasting from.

9. When no Paste option is available, Ctl/v serves the same function.