1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

talisman slayer question

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Thrandul, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Thrandul

Thrandul Guest

If i read Slayer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia right, it says: Talisman Slayers do not affect spells.

So i can safely assume, it doesnt affect bard skills too, right ? Talismans are then only for archers or close combat.

I just dont get it, why the Library Talisman - Birds of Britannia Random Summoner has Bird slayer on it and most tamers arent archers/warriors. So it should affect spell damage or bard skills too. I am thinking on swoop and that there are no instruments for bird slayer or fey slayer.
  2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
    i think they just put bird slayer on it cause it was funny.

right, like anyone is ever gonna tame a bird, eh?

but you are correct, talismans only work for melee attack templates.

if you want to use slayers for spells then your gonna have to use a spellbook.
  3. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Jan 9, 2009
    Or rather slayer instruments in the case of bard spells/skills.