1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Talisman

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Deb, May 13, 2010.

1. Deb

Deb Guest

Which property on an Inscription talisman should be higher?
  2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

well assuming u mean the base and exceptional chance, then a higher base chance would be preferable. i believe the only thing that benefits from the exceptional chance is runebooks
  3. Deb

Deb Guest

yeppers, that is what I meant thanks tons
  4. I wonder if the base bonus actually works for spell casting purposes.

I have a +30% base/+20% exceptional "My Book" library talisman. When equipped and casting protection, I get the same hit on physical resistance as when it is not equipped. I understand the greater your inscription, the less physical resistance you are supposed to lose.

I have tried equipping the talisman from 0% real skill (elf, no JOAT bonus) to 70% real skill. The talisman did not lessen the impact on physical resistance caused by the protection spell at any time.

That leads me to believe the inscription bonus is either only in effect for crafting purposes, or specifically doesn't apply to the protection spell (by design or by bug).
  5. xStrikerx

xStrikerx Guest

Talismans only grant crafting bonuses and have no effect on spells. Only the amount of skill points in Inscription affects the Protection, Reactive Armor, and Magic Reflection Spells

Also, inscription bonus is more desirable than exceptional bonus. Spellbooks do not appear to gain anything by being exceptional other than your name and at GM you only have a base 50% chance to craft one.
  6. Thank you for confirming that. It seemed that way to me, but I wasn't sure.