1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Talismans' bonuses and Inscription : can anyone answer a question ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 16, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As in regards to Talisman bonuses for Inscription, which one matters most ?

The regular or the exceptional bonus ?
    Or do both play a role when crafting high end stuff for inscription (scrappers to get a good number of bonuses at high levels) and, therefore, it is preferable to have both on a Talisman ?

Bottom line question is, is it better a Talisman for inscription with 30% regular bonus / 20 exceptional or the other way around 20 % regular bonus / 30% exceptional ?

Or is it better a middle one like 24 regular / 24 exceptional, for example ?

Thanks.

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You can't craft an exceptional Scappers so I would think ideally 30% regular bonus would be what your after.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Aside from Scrappers as in regards inscription, is there any ware that would take advantage of a 30% exceptional bonus ?

Because if there is none, then as you said, a 30% regular is all that a Scribe may want off of an inscription talisman...

4. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

From personal experience, I made 1 superslayer prior to getting a tali that was high on both and 5 since then. About 3500 scrolls were used on each round of scribing books. The tali I am using is 24 bonus 27 exceptional. I have not tried using just one or the other though.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

OK Popps here you go.
    This page is for Inscription. Just put in your skill and the Talisman bonuses and hit update and it will tell you all your answers. http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/inscription.php

And I know you are going to ask about the other skills/talisman bonuses so I will enclose this page too http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30492

Now this should answer your questions for you, unless you go on one of you "well why don't they posts".

This took me 5 min to find on stratics.

6. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

truth poops go as high as can get and use a 120 mage, then prey to RNG gods that you get lucky, and you are looking at multi thousands of books to make a set!

7. popps

popps Always Present

Thanks but are those calculators 100% reliable ?

That is, how old are they and have they been updated with the most current pertaining changes to the game ?

You know, it would really be upsetting to expect a result and end up getting an entire other.......

Sometimes, players' personal experience might be more accurate than a calculator "if" that calculator has not been updated in a while with the most current, pertaining changes....

just wondering.....

8. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Your a special one aren't you popps?

9. popps

popps Always Present

By the way, on the topic of crafting talismans, in regards to those with high bonuses (as close to 30/30 as possible) is there a difference of their spawn source ?

Meaning, Talismans can come as loot, or from Heartwood quests, or from Sactuary Quests (other sources also ??).

Now, where do the good ones have more chances to spawn from ? The Quests (which ones...) ? As loot from high end MoBs like Peerless/Dark Father and such ?

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Instead of wondering, try looking. A page that includes myticism scrolls has probably been updated fairly recently, wouldn't you say?

11. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Exceptional runebooks hold more charges.

12. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

didnt u just ask this in last week

is your question pester bot broken