1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Talismans/Items "Owned by".....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 23, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can items "owned by" such and such be put on sale on vendors or even be placed in trade windows, or does the game engine prevent doing that ?

Just wanted to remember to fellow players to be carefull when buying anything already owned by someone else since it can only be worn by the owner and, therefore, buying it would be wasting money.

http://www.uoguide.com/Owned_by

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Sounds like a wrong information. From what i recall everybody can wear an owned by someone talisman. Thought tzhere might be insuring issues with the new insurance menu for them.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I just tested it with a Bloodwood Spirit Talisman owned by someone else other than me and when trying to put it on it won't let me and tells me an error message saying that I am not the owner.

So, it seems, the info is correct and items owned by others cannot be worn.

4. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Nope the "owned by" can only be worn by the owner. I am pretty sure they can be bought and sold.....I will check in a moment and edit my post.

Edit: You can not trade them :)

5. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Fixed the article. Thanks!

6. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Not true. I traded mine to a fellow guildie not remembering until she tried to equip it that it is owned by.

They cannot be worn by anyone else, but can be traded, and I am guessing sold via a vendor

7. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I did it not even 20 seconds before posting, it will not let you place it in the trade window. Glitch on your part or perhaps in early stages, or maybe even only "certain" items have the restriction, either way I know they can not be placed in the trade window.

8. popps

popps Always Present

Well, if so, this is not good, not good at all.

Why ?

Because it can open up to scams.

People may find items owned by someone at IDOCs and then put them on vendors or sell them in trade windows and when the buyer tried to use their new purchase they find that they cannot wear it and that they just wasted their gold on a useless purchase......

The game engine should not allow putting on a vendor nor in a trade window if items are already owned by someone.......

This, to prevent scams.

9. popps

popps Always Present

Well, that is good news then.....

What about vendors ? Have you also tested putting it on a vendor ?

It should not allow them to be put on vendors to sell, either.

10. Lightning 1

Lightning 1 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I did buy a piece of jewelry on a vendor that was owned by another and I could not equip it. Heck. Now I forget where I got it. Whomever put it on the vendor must've examined it and known it could not be used. I wonder if making a character with the correct name could use it.

Well too late now. I trashed it.

11. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

We all know it's open to scams, the same reason we all knew that when faction arties came out, post your suggestion in asks the devs and move on. There's nothing to discuss and this has been out for a few years. Yeah, I know, new players, blah blah blah.

12. What's that latin phrase for "buyer beware"?

Fits perfectly here...

13. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Caveat emptor.