1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Talking Statue Qustion

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Fraggles, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

i bought a talking statue at rares fest. i brought it home and locked it down and it almost right away said somthing and now has been silent since. i have tryed talking sweetly to it, walking and running by and around it and clicking on it but her lips remain silent. Is there a trick or action that will promt her to say something or is she just the shy type that will only speak when she feels the need to talk? Thank you for any info on this!
    Fraggles down at Fraggle Rock

2. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

All talking 2 story statues will only say the phrase when it encounters a creature (monster/man/ev) for the first time. Then it will never speak to that creature again. If you want to test it, summon a creature and you'll see.

3. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

OMG i am very disappointed!

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I have had mine for several years and it works as Manticore describes. I actually like it as it always catches me by suprise when it talks. The idea that it lets me know when a newbie is around is actually kinda cool. :)

5. Joshua Ravenloft

Joshua Ravenloft Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Funny how that little bit of info is always left out by anyone that is selling 2 Story Statues.

Add that to the fact that they have been duped to within an inch of their lives as well, and it make me wonder why anyone would want to pay 250 mill EACH for them!

It won't be long now before they become a Boss reward drop OR even craftable.

You heard it here first.................

6. mandosa-nice

mandosa-nice Guest

My two story statue x2 near luna city west exit on europa, always speak all the day. The same phrase "...take care, the death..." Faites attention, la mort vous guettes ! in french.

"It won't be long now before they become a Boss reward drop OR even craftable.

You heard it here first................." <= A replica is never a true rare !

7. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well anyone who is spending 250m plus on a item might want to do a little research before they spend that much gold. It is no big secret that it only talks the first time you see it. The value of that item is not in its talking but in its size and coolness ).

8. mandosa-nice

mandosa-nice Guest

Sorry but the statue speak always when she see you by 24h. Or your statue have a problem !

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I always looked at it this way.... the statues warn you once of impending danger if you proceed, if you're fool enough to disregard the warning you sure won't listen to him a second time, so he only says it once

10. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

:stretcher: Exactly

11. mandosa-nice

mandosa-nice Guest

Just coming in my house, you see the message a few time all the day. My house is public... Or you speak about another text ?!

12. Joshua Ravenloft

Stratics Veteran

QFT..........

13. Joshua Ravenloft

Stratics Veteran

I suspect the difference in speech could be down to the dupe. I always remembered them as only talking once per char.

14. mandosa-nice

mandosa-nice Guest

Maybe, is always the same text i have, 3 or 4 by hour in my house and the other players can see it too.